News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

GA & NC

Started by FullChoke, April 22, 2014, 04:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Georgiaboy83, Gagry & Old Frank,

How are your gobbler pursuits working out this season? We would love to hear about what you have been up to and how the gobblers are disrespecting you.

Drop us a note about what's going on in your nape of the neck of the woods.  :popcorn:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

old frank

Bad so far.

I have been giving it my best but if there are any birds on the farm they are not gobbling.

I spent seven hours Tuesday walking and sitting and calling and not calling. I see some tracks, feathers and scratchings but have not seen a turkey so far this year. I have not heard one gobble either.

My friend who owns the land had five gobbling the other morning and got a big one in to about 55 yards but the turkey was acting spooky and went back the way he came. I started out in that area Tuesday .

I am not giving up as there are three more weeks left in the season and I still plan to get at least one.

Gagry

This year has been very interesting a lot of action but not much success. Finally got on the board this morning after many close hunts. We only have two days left to hunt here in NC so i was determined to go to the woods this morning and glad i did. I set up started calling with my Albert Paul box. now if anything in my arsenal of calls will make a turkey gobble it will and it did. A gobbler broke silence on the ridge to the left and above me. I switched to a pot call made some soft calls and he headed my way. Now while i was concentrating on him when i heard something walking behind and to the left of me. My thoughts was a deer she will smell me and blow and this hunts over. I peeped over my left shoulder and their was three gobblers walking about 10 yds from me. they seen me move so I pulled up and shot he never flopped. The other gobbler I was after gobbled a few more times on his was up the mountain.

old frank

Congratulations Gagry, I only have until the 15th to get it done and it is not looking good.

One of the slowest years I have ever had but I am hunting on a smaller piece of property and that makes it a little tougher.

It is really getting hard to roll out of the bed at four this late in the season. Raining this weekend but I will get out one more day next week before the season ends.

xarcher

Glad to hear you guys are still at it. I know how frustrating that can be. I was shut out last year for all the usual reasons. And this year they are falling in my lap. Good luck and be safe.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

FullChoke

Fantastic Mike! He looks to be a standard 2 yo, but 12 pounds?! That's more like a bantam rooster, but we will happily hang him on the Limb. It sounds like you may have a workable group there to stay after until your season is out.  :happy0064: :anim_25:

BTW, your bird pushed us up one position in the standings. We are presently neck and neck with two other teams for the 3rd place seat. If we can add 2 or 3 more gobblers to the tally, we may actually have a shot at 2nd place. Team Alabama probably has it sewn up this year, but you never can be certain until the last gun is cleaned and cased.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Gagry

LOL Bantam Roster  :TooFunny: I know I weighted him about 3 times thought the scales was broke.

If it is not raining in the morning I will be back in the woods. I have had some great hunts to come up empty handed until to day.