OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Long beard 3.5 #4s

Started by Mossy517, April 21, 2014, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy517

Shot the long beards this weekend.  3.5" #4s mossberg 835 and SumToy choke.20, 30 40 yards this is the first I have shot 4s. What do you all think?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

captin_hook

Nice . That's pretty good for 4s lead

DirtNap647

VAarrowslinger

What size is that sumtoy choke ?

SKFOOTER

I'm shooting them in my SBE1 thru a Kick's .660 and getting 145+ pellets in the 10" circle @ 40 yards every time.   :OGturkeyhead:

Mossy517

I will have to measure the exit diameter of the choke. I picked it up used and there are no markings on it. I picked it up after having the chance to shoot one that was being passed around here a few years back.

I just ordered 2 boxes of #5s from Cabelas to see how they shoot as well. Hopefully they arrive before next weekend.

HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

surehuntsalot

good looking patterns with those 4's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TrackeySauresRex

I'm lovin' them 4's. I just may be going back. 30 pluss in the head and neck @ 40  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

wibirdhunter

It's hard to tell looking at your pics on my phone but it doesn't seem like the 40 yard pattern is holding together as good as the longbeard are capable of.

Or maybe that's a smaller target then it looks like on my phone.

tomstopper

R AJ

Quote from: wibirdhunter on April 27, 2014, 09:50:17 PM
It's hard to tell looking at your pics on my phone but it doesn't seem like the 40 yard pattern is holding together as good as the longbeard are capable of.

Or maybe that's a smaller target then it looks like on my phone.

That circle inside the white circle has a 6 inch diameter and at 53 pellets counted in an area of 28.26 sq.inches it equates to 147 pellets in a 10 inch circle with an area of 78.5 sq. inches. Not shabby for 40 yards.

wibirdhunter

Oh nevermind what I said.

R AJ

Hey, you got me to thinking anyway. Two #4 pellets per square inch is pretty stout stuff. :turkey2:

beagler

Never Misses

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!