OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

More 535 pattern pics with 4s

Started by Onpoint, April 20, 2014, 04:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Shot the longbeard 4s again today.  They didn't do as well as they did the other day. They went 126 today. The other day was the 2nd shot. Today was a sparkling clean barrel. The winchester HV pattern was best on the first shot and deteriorated the dirtier the barrel got. I hsve some 3.5" lb 4s on the way.

Onpoint

Forgot to mention I shot the 3" thug 4s and they would do in a pinch but definitely nothing to write home about. They put up 89.

Onpoint

This is the 3" longbeard 5's. Went 142 the best I can tell. Had to tape a box together so it might have a couple more in there I missed. So with the 4s going 154 and 126 and the 5s going 142 which would you hunt with?

VAarrowslinger

I be honest, I'd go with the 5s if you didn't have all those 4s laying around. To me ...125 hits with 5 shot is perfect and the 20 " and 30" will have enough pellets to allow nerve room when you pull the trigger

rockyfackler

Have you tried 6s, l have 535 with 22 barrel with ic .660 and it also has been ported and the gun love them.
I shot turkey thugs in the 3 inch from walmart they repeatedly shot 220+ the best was 237 at 40 yds