Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

T-12 hours

Started by WildSpur, April 16, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

Well I will hopefully be on the road in 12 hours to hunt with Mountainburd.   Gonna give it hell for 3 days in Virginia.   

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Deputy 14

RutnNStrutn

Good luck Wildspur and Mountainburd!!! Schwack some big un's for the team!! :icon_thumright:

strutzone

Good luck to you guys.

WildSpur

Well no go. 

Day #1 had birds on other properties we could not hunt and they gobbled for about 5 minutes and shut up.

Day #2 was the best day all season.  Had 5 birds going and we called 1 into around 45 yards.  We were unable to get an ethical shot on this longbeard.  We then tried an area of the GWNF without any luck.  We saw some promising sign though.

Day #3 had us at the GWNF at fly down time.  We covered a little over 6 miles and did not hear a gobble.  We did bust 1 hen while running and gunning.   We are not giving up on that area though.   We then did a late morning hunt at the private land.  As luck would have it we were about 10 minutes too late.  As we pulled into the parking spot a strutted was coming down the ridge line and saw us.

Next year!

Here is the only stutter I saw on day 1--a decent sized ruffed grouse!  It was still pretty barren where we were at.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less