OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Confused- can you help me understand

Started by selinoid44, March 16, 2011, 12:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selinoid44

??? My bueatiful wife complains every time I break out the Deft, glue, or finish.
She says "that stinks, it's giving me a headache"
This is the part I cant understand, I'm sittin in the living room when an odor comes wafting across my nose, nail polish. Ha, or what about that hair spray! Now darnit, do you see where I'm coming from and where I'm goin with this? lol, lets face it we arent gonna win. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

lightsoutcalls

I'm with you...

My middle daughter (all 3 are teenagers) seems like she has to change nail polish every day or two.  That polish remover really tweeks my senses.  I can spray a full can of deft lacquer in the shop in an hour and not complain a bit...  :P  I applied 4 coats of finish to 31 calls on Sunday afternoon... didn't bother me at all... (Yes I had windows open and a fan pulling the fumes out)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Bonjour

Same at my house, although I don't finish in the house, but glue surfaces and such at the kitchen table. The stuff that I can't stand is the nail polish hardener, way worse smelling than any finish, and my wife and girls have to spray the heck out of it.  :character0029:

handcannon

I agree with you guys. I may stink up the house every now and then. It's usually not from any kind of finish though. LOL. I love the smell of womans perfume but I cant stand to be around it when it's being sprayed. Just too strong. Especially when it's in the car. Might need to break out the Tinks 69 next time to retaliate.

The worst smell to me is some of those beauty salon chemicals they put in there hair to color, straighten or curl it up that smells like a wet hound dog.

Crutch

LOL, thats too funny Handcannon. Maybe you need to just lift your leg a little and let one go. That will stop'em.

Odors are something that triggers memories. If they are good then it is a pleasent odor.   My wife will put a fresh new pot call up to her nose and take a big sniff and say That smells so good. She used to refinish old furniture though.

I hate it when one of the girls spray on a funky perfume and stink up the house then leave.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

archery1

THEY ALWAYS WANT US TO LOOSE OUR ENJOYMENT. MY WIFE DOES THE SAME THING.. BUT SHE CAN SPRAY A HALF OF CAN OF HAIRSPRAY WITHOUT BLINKING AN EYE. AND DOESNT GIVE HER A HEADACHE.. HOLY CRAP MY MIRROR IS SO DIRTY WITH THAT !@#$$@@#r$% ITS  NOT A MIRROR NO MORE
Take a kid hunting

MarkJM

I see where you are coming from, its the nail polish remover that gets me.. I hate that stuff!! :character0029:
MuellerCustomCalls

bowhunter84

Quote from: MarkJM on March 21, 2011, 09:40:02 AM
I see where you are coming from, its the nail polish remover that gets me.. I hate that stuff!! :character0029:
:agreed:

coltreloader

It's not the smell that bothers my wife. It's the looks that bothers us so we just put paper bags over our heads. We call that a "two bagged." LOL!!

gotcha

Its called "selective smelling".Don't know you but I have been accused of having "selective hearing".Since you are able to sell calls explain to her that it smells like money.

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785