Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2 heads are better than 1

Started by xarcher, April 17, 2014, 09:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xarcher

So as you guys may have noticed, I don't post much.  But don't let that fool you into thinking I have been sleeping in and not supporting the cause.  Actually been hunting fairly regularly in the AM but haven't been able to stay in the woods long because of work.  Well this morning that all changed.  Put 2 birds on the board before 7AM.  Will post pics later today.  No hawgs, but will probably be mid 50's.  Both 2 year old birds, sub 1 inch spurs, 9-10 inch beards.  My first 20 gage harvests. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

I'd take that all day every day if it was legal in MO !!!!! Nice job!! :z-guntootsmiley:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

gophert

They all eat the same!!!! Congrats!!!!!!    :you_rock:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hooter

Enjoy those doubles, they don't come every day.
Congrats!!!

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Quote from: FullChoke on April 19, 2014, 12:46:24 PM
??? I doan sees no tuckey buds??
Sorry for procrastinating.  I am working out of town and travelling so time is prescious.  Got home (in PA) last night at 11 PM, then was in the woods scouting at 6AM.  Been catching up on honey-do's all day and need to go to Easter Vigil church tonight.  Trust me I will post.  Need to do that photobucket conversion which is a headache too.  But in the mean time here is a pic I took with 2 sleeping gobblers. 

FullChoke

Aaah, they look so peaceful laying there.   :icon_thumright:

xarcher

Quote from: FullChoke on April 19, 2014, 12:46:24 PM
??? I doan sees no tuckey buds??
Full Choke, my second bird scored 54.8 so it is not any upgrade from the first one that I posted pictures of.  So I will not post the pictures but I have them on photobucket if I ever need them.

FullChoke

Well, I love seeing photos of dead turkeys, but for the contest, it's not required. I will post up your extra bird score on our running tally.