Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

3rd place but still slow here

Started by reflexl, April 14, 2014, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

We are in third overall but I know several of you are just getting started. Good luck to all. My big bird was on the bluff again but I had the bearded hen. Bird in hand beats that evil bird that knows how to disapear into thin air. I sure hope I can tag him with the muzzlelloader. He is going to score well into the 80s. New world record by smokepole. reflexl

tnturkey

probably one of the worst starts ive ever had. ive been apart of 4 kills and called in a few for other people. still very henned up and I don't think some of the have got the memo its spring time yet. im curious to see how tough it makes it when it hits mid 20's tomorrow night.

reflexl

Yep the last two years have started rough. Should have already killed 3 birds. Hopefully they will bust up in the next week or two. reflexl

calebb

Had double digit birds in gun range but only once was I the one with the gun in hand, just didn't come together and the bird got around me before I could put him down. Think this weekend will be good.

Good luck everyone

reflexl

Put the mojo on them this weekend! Remember to to take good scoring photos. We actualy had some team members that killed monster birds but we couldn't use them because no scoring pics. If in doubt read the rules again. I still think we can win this. Good luck! reflexl

bigbird

Our season isn't gonna get off well up here! Youth season starts Saturday then regular season comes in the following Wednesday. We're way behind weather wise and the rivers just went down, hopefully the birds will move back in down there! Plus gonna be a lot of renesting, we got til Mother's Day so I'm not worried yet just anxious to see how the season unfolds! Good luck fellas and be safe!

reflexl

Looks like we are in 5th right now. Even a good jake would move us to 3rd. There have been some great birsd taken this time. It finally looks like they are busting up. Hens scattered everywhere this weekend. I am thankful for my bird this morning. If it doesn't rain I am going back in the morning. Found 3 more mature birds. If you don't have one of Clint's calls get on the list. This is the most awesome call I have ever handled. reflexl