OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Beretta 391 choke tubes

Started by victorbob1, April 14, 2014, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

victorbob1

I have a Beretta 391 and I can't find a choke tube that patterns correctly.  I've tried a jellyhead and a hevi-shot choke tube and both shot low & left.

Suggestions?

memert116

I have a 391 with the Optima Plus Choke system.  I have had the best luck with the SumToy choke.  I got the best results with Hevi Shot Magnum Blend......still shoots just a tick low but nothing that makes me want to change shells.   I tried a Kicks choke and just couldn't get a decent pattern with any shell.   You may want to experiment with different shells and shot size also.

Longshanks

Quote from: memert116 on April 14, 2014, 07:12:15 PM
I have a 391 with the Optima Plus Choke system.  I have had the best luck with the SumToy choke.  I got the best results with Hevi Shot Magnum Blend......still shoots just a tick low but nothing that makes me want to change shells.   I tried a Kicks choke and just couldn't get a decent pattern with any shell.   You may want to experiment with different shells and shot size also.

I have figured my xtrema out with help from folks on Old Gobbler but I have a Urika 2 with the Optima Plus choke system..much more difficult. Shot Pure Gold .670 and Kicks .670.   The PG shoot 3" Hevi 6's in the 140's although the pattern is consisent and uniform. The Pure Gold .670 will shoot over 200 with Hevi 7's if you are interested in shooting those. POA stays on with PG. The Kicks .670 will shoot decent patterns with HV 5's but nothing to write home about.  What choke diameter is the Sumtoy?