Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Took my gun for a walk

Started by Hayudog, April 14, 2014, 12:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

This season is turning into the flat out worst I could imagine... Hunted two different properties, two different days and not a peep.  Not a Poop.  Not a track... Not only am I not getting in the days, but the birds are totally MIA.  One of the landowners called me last night and said he "heard" a gobble down the canyon, off his property.  At least they are in the same zip code.

Packing the house to move now.  I'll try for a hunt in the next day or so.... Hoping for all my luck in one bird, a long bearded, sharp spurred, heavy 4 year old..   Doug

Twowithone

Good Luck Hayudog when you go out.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Good luck Doug!! :icon_thumright: If your properties don't pan out, I can give you the info on the place we hunted. I heard 5 different gobblers around us the day I killed my bird.

Deputy 14

Good luck man. Hope it works out for you.

Hayudog

Had a family friend in from Pa.  Young man had never killed a rio.  Well, he still hasn't. Just like when Rut showed up in Cali, those east coach guys gring rain. Hadn't rained since Rut went back to Fl, well....hunted in the rain today.  Actually had birds roosted in front of us. They came out henned up, and gobbled at us and followed the girls. Who would have thought. At least I saw a bearded bird.

On a second note he invited me back to Pa for an Eastern bird. Most likely not going to make it this year, unless the house flys off the market. Next year it's on the books. He says spurs are normally short due to rocky area he hunts. Still a hall pass for a hunting trip.

Stay after them. It may end up being a bow bird for me this year.

WildSpur

That's true.  Some of our mountain areas you will hardly ever find sharp spurs.  Ironically those birds will also have rounded/blunt toes as well.  They are funny looking.

Suburban birds and farm land birds don't have that problem.   Take him up on the offer.  Alot of people bash pa but we truly have alot to offer....especially turkeys! 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

RutnNStrutn

It's all my fault!!! :lol:
I hear ya bro. My season turned out bad as well. First time I haven't been drawn for a hut in FLA or killed an Osceola in 15 years. Then my invites for private land in FLA all fell through. Lucked into a 2 year old in Cali on the last day of our hunt. SC was very difficult, but I was fortunate to get one in the opening weeek. My NC hunt also fell through due to my friend gettin g sick and going to the hospital. I feel fortunate to have gotten 2 birds, but I had a bunch of great times and exciting hunts. I'm already counting down the days 'til next season!!
Good luck to the rest of Team Guns N' Hoses on the rest of the season!! :icon_thumright: