OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEF 10 gauge

Started by jlewis4390, April 11, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlewis4390

Looking for just a turkey gun and my buddy has a NEF 10 gauge pardner sb2 only been shot 5 times has removable xfull choke ...what's this gun worth and would it make a good 40 yard gun by just buying good 3 1/2" loads ? And what's it's value by chance ? Any pattern pics with the xfull choke or any other info is much appreciated ...thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mspaci

New they are $250 or so, mine is a consistent killer at 50 yards with nitros or mag blends.  Mike

jlewis4390

Do u use the factory xfull. Choke? Would it be worth trading off a lone wolf sit and climb that's just sitting around ?

deadbuck

I would think that would be a pretty even trade. Mine has a 32" factory full (no chokes) and it has killed them way past 40. Also, about 20 years from now that stand will be worth $0 and your gun will still be worth $250

jlewis4390

What loads do u guys recommend through the xfull choke ? I am thinking of the federal fcw the ones that are 10 for like $22 or maybe the heavyweights

jlewis4390

I believe it's a 24"bbl I was thinking of starting with some federal flight control or maybe some winchester not looking to drop $30-$40 for 5 rounds it's just not in my budget lol

woodsman1977

My gun really likes the federal supreme #5 thru that choke. It will kill them out to 50 yds if needed.

jlewis4390

Awesome I can't wait to get it and pattern I gotta hurry our season opens the 21st ....would the double x be the same as supreme?

jlewis4390

Sorry I just seen u put federal supreme not winchester supreme ...what is the federal supreme ?

Fastcat

If you end up in the market for a choke that handles inexpensive ammo check out the Kicks 690.  I have had excellent results with it in my BPS ( same choke system).  As a side note the old 2 1/4 oz Federal #4s through a decent pattern out of the factory extra full.  If you are lucky enough to stumble upon some in some dusty corner.

jlewis4390

Isn't many places that sale 10 gauge turkey load around me so I will probably make trip to cabela this week since the new one is under 30 min drive now ;) this is my first 10 gauge and i can't wait to see what it can do to a big gobbler ..also this will be my first gobbler too...

jlewis4390

I have a like new strut stopper xtreme choke never shot it's the tg155x .643 for a bennelli Berretta mobile choke 12 gauge I would trade for a choke for my 10 gauge nef or even some ammo or ?

the Ward

Quote from: Fastcat on April 12, 2014, 08:19:14 PM
If you end up in the market for a choke that handles inexpensive ammo check out the Kicks 690.  I have had excellent results with it in my BPS ( same choke system).  As a side note the old 2 1/4 oz Federal #4s through a decent pattern out of the factory extra full.  If you are lucky enough to stumble upon some in some dusty corner.
X2 on the kicks .690. Shot mine today out of a 26" bps and it put up some very nice patterns with the Winchester 4s and federal fcw 5s. Wanted to try the Winchesters in 5s but couldn't find any locally. The stock xtra full turkey choke shot the federals fcw pretty decent but the kicks did much better in pattern density and evenness. 

jlewis4390

I will Def give the kicks a try thanks

jlewis4390

Anyone have pattern pics with the stock xfull choke ?