OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A couple of 10 gauge birds

Started by Fastcat, April 11, 2014, 07:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

I haven't posted on here for quite a while and as a frequent reader I feel I should contribute.   Here are a couple birds I bagged last year with my BPS10.   The first was killed at 20 yards through the gooseberry bushes.  All those extra pellets really clear the way!  The shell I used was an old Federal 2 1/4 oz #4 Turkey load.

The second was bagged at a longer distance with a 2 1/4 oz #4 Winchester.    This gun really likes #4s through a Kicks 690. Both shells are around 120 in the 10 @ 40 yards.  (The Federals are consistently better.)

Fastcat

I should add this is the 1st gun I have been successful in getting 4s to pattern well and I am extremely impressed by the damage on birds.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

the Ward

Congrats on the birds! My bps 26" and the .690 kicks seem to like the # 4s too, and that's fine by me!            :OGturkeyhead:

hunter22

You can't argue with proven success.

I love everything about my BPS 10 except the weight.

Fastcat

That's the beauty of kayak... you float your 11# gun in to position!

the Ward

Quote from: Fastcat on April 13, 2014, 08:49:33 AM
That's the beauty of kayak... you float your 11# gun in to position!
Lol! I  wonder why browning never made a "lite" version of this gun with an aluminum receiver. I think it would have been very popular, especially for turkey hunting. I would imagine it would be too expensive to produce considering the big hunk of aluminum it would take to make it. Probably would push the price to near  semi-auto figures. Would be a nice package though!

hunter22

My 10 goes 12 # with the scope, rings, and mounts. It is strictly a field gun. I know where I am going when I carry it. That said, two years ago I set up along a fenceline along a big field that was about 3/4 mile from the truck. I called in and killed a 22 plus pound gobbler. It was a long but happy trip back to the truck that morning.