OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by Canteathorns, April 10, 2014, 09:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canteathorns

Thank you all for putting up with me for the past couple of months . I probably came across as a newbie but I ain't , I've turkey hunted for 20 years . But I am a newbie when it came to patterning a turkey gun correctly . Finally patterned all my shells , long beards 3" 6 came in at 150 in 10 . Thugs 3" 6 at 110 in 40 all from a .643 ssx tru glo . Probably could have done better but to tell you the truth those 3" shells just plain hurt  . Thanks for all advice and good luck huntin !

R AJ

Whether a newbie or not, you are now an informed shooter as to how your patterns look and what to expect with your setup. Next you will most likely find that you can improve on that with a more open choke . Regardless you are covered for 40 and under with your current setup.

When he is in closer to 25-30 yards you have plenty of coverage to drop one cleanly.

You rewarded yourself with more confidence in your shooting ability- one very important factor.

BigAL64

I agree 100% about improving his pellet in the 10 with a more open choke. Like said though he is good to go at 40 with either load.
Shoot em in the face

learn2hide

Congrats on taking the important step of learning your gun, choke, shell combo...many guys don't bother and then wonder what happens when birds walk away or hobble away wounded.  Good luck...the season is upon us!!!  :anim_25:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!