turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Supreme Turkey Loads

Started by gwa, April 09, 2014, 05:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwa

I found out these will be great 30 yds and in shells.....

Denny

d.winsor

are you talking about supreme double x or old supreme HV

gwa

They say "HV Turkey" on the shell.

d.winsor

If it doesn't say supreme on the shell it is not the old Supreme HV turkey load, I went and checked before I posted this.  The old supreme shells were a solid 40 yard load.

d.winsor

Not like my box, if I had a camera and could post a picture I would.  I have had my supreme HV turkey loads since about 1992.

howl

I shot the old and the new to compare. The performance was noticeably different.

gwa

Like I said, inside 30 yds for my gun....

FLINT

Not sure about 12ga , but I know in 10ga, winchester just this year changed their turkey load from supreme to double x, but the shells and the item number/code on the box is the same.  Winchester only makes one turkey load in 10 ga and in 5s and 6s, so I know I'm not confused about product lines.

So at least in 10 ga, it was simply a name change.

Longshanks

I saw the other day that the win xx 3/2/6 in the new box are still a red shell. Sure hope that shell is the same in 6's and 5's. That is the turkey load used by allot of folks.

Lukas929

My local walmart has about ten boxes of 3" supremes left, are you guys telling me to buy them? I believe they had #6 & #5 left

d.winsor

Are they supreme HV, a black shell that has supreme on it, or are they XX.  If they are supreme HV buy all you can get, My next best shell is winchester longbeard xr.

gwa

The shells I have in the box are black and say Supreme HV Turkey. I think you were responding to the other person but was just clarifying what I have.

Lukas929

the box looks like this, haven't opened them up to look at shell. They only caught my eye because I have #5 an wanted to try #6 which they have but I figured I'd wait till end of season to see if they go cheaper

d.winsor

Buy all you can get, you might not be able to find any more, I wouldn't wait for price to drop, I like the fives.