Started by gwa, April 09, 2014, 05:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwa

Is there any interest in these? I have 4 boxes 12 3.5" 5's STH12355

surehuntsalot

one of the best "ever" turkey shells made
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bluerivertrapper

Best shells I've ever shot out of my 835. Down to 1 shell left. Lot of people I know wish the supremes  were still around.

dawei

Winchester® Supreme 20ga 3" Mag 1200fps 1 5/16oz Pb loads out perform Federal®, Fiocchi®, PMC®, Sellior & Bellot, & Remington® Pb in my guns.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

10gaugemag

Shot the same loads but out of my 10 gauge. With that 2 1/4 oz. of #5 shot and my Hastings .695 it shot absolutely scary patterns. I do have some 2 oz. HV loads that need patterned. I hope they pattern as good as my heavy loads.

paboxcall

I have a few of the 3" Supreme #5 laying around.  Shot them through a Hastings .660 for a lot of years.  Great lead shell.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

darn2ten

The new rebadged Double X at Walmart is the same black HV shell as the supremes. Don't know why Winchester did this as it has confused quite a few people.

d.winsor

Maybe the confusion is that everyone wants to believe double x is the same as the old winchester supreme HV shell.  They could have changed primer, wad composition, powder, etc.  For myself I am glad I have a supply of supreme HV.  I don't intend to buy double X to pattern them, I have read some bad reviews on those shells.

trkehunr93

I made the switch back this year to this very load, in the old HV version.  I was more than pleased with the results out of my 835 this spring, these two had other thoughts though  ;D

surehuntsalot

There is nothing like the old Winchester shells whether it be the XX magnums or the HV shells :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

darn2ten

Quote from: d.winsor on May 02, 2014, 10:09:15 AM
Maybe the confusion is that everyone wants to believe double x is the same as the old winchester supreme HV shell.  They could have changed primer, wad composition, powder, etc.  For myself I am glad I have a supply of supreme HV.  I don't intend to buy double X to pattern them, I have read some bad reviews on those shells.
They are exactly the same shell, nothing has changed at all. I have cut the two open side by side to see if anything has changed. Guess what, all components are the same. I think we have been over this before, and for some crazy reason some just refuse to believe it. Call Winchester, they will tell you that the new black double x HV shell is the exact same shell as the old supreme HV. Only difference is the rebadged box and name.

d.winsor

Quote from: darn2ten on May 04, 2014, 10:42:15 PM
They are exactly the same shell, nothing has changed at all. I have cut the two open side by side to see if anything has changed. Guess what, all components are the same. I think we have been over this before, and for some crazy reason some just refuse to believe it. Call Winchester, they will tell you that the new black double x HV shell is the exact same shell as the old supreme HV. Only difference is the rebadged box and name.

your baggage not mine, still don't believe winchester would re-brand a product to themselves, and then sell it cheaper.  I've got my opinion you have yours. 

10gaugemag

Quote from: d.winsor on May 05, 2014, 06:28:31 AM

your baggage not mine, still don't believe winchester would re-brand a product to themselves.  I've got my opinion you have yours.
Actually when the Supreme line first came out they were still marketed as Double X magnums as well. I have 2 boxes that have the Supreme badge as well as print of Double X Magnums written on top of the box. I think people have forgotten or younger hunters never knew that if Winchester turkey loads or magnum loads were being discussed they were always a Double X until the early 2000's when the Double X was dropped to just Supreme line up.

jblackburn

Actually, there have been both Supreme HV and Supreme XX Magnums for a long time.  Places like Walmart have only carried the HV shells for a long time.   

The HV versions show Maximum Dram Equiv and 2 oz shot ( 3.5 inch #6s) and are a black shell.  The Supreme XXs are (were) a red shell and the 3.5 incher's were Magnum Dram Equiv (touch less powder, little bit slower load) and 2 1/4 oz of shot. 

I have killed birds with both, but in my 835 the Supreme XXs deliver a better pattern.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Longshanks

Quote from: 10gaugemag on May 05, 2014, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: d.winsor on May 05, 2014, 06:28:31 AM

your baggage not mine, still don't believe winchester would re-brand a product to themselves.  I've got my opinion you have yours.
Actually when the Supreme line first came out they were still marketed as Double X magnums as well. I have 2 boxes that have the Supreme badge as well as print of Double X Magnums written on top of the box. I think people have forgotten or younger hunters never knew that if Winchester turkey loads or magnum loads were being discussed they were always a Double X until the early 2000's when the Double X was dropped to just Supreme line up.

Yup, I have two old boxes of win supreme xx magnum shells. They came in boxes of 25. One is 1 5/8 ounce and the other is 1 7/8 ounce. ( red shells)  The XX 3/2/6's have been the best shooters of any of the loads out of my lead slingers. Shame those are few and far between now. People became sold on the High Velocity which is less shot in the paper..and turkey for my setups. (1 3/4)