turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro Loads?

Started by tha bugman, April 07, 2014, 11:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I was thinking about getting a box of the Nitro Triplex loads?  Using the Jellyhead.  Any numbers or pictures would be greatly appreciated!  I have some of the Mag Blends to try.  It has a 24" barrel.  Thanks!

mspaci

I like both, Nitros pattern better. Cant find Mag blends in 10 ga.here in Ny for some reason.  So, I have some Nitros coming.  With Nitro`s I was getting 320`s in a 10 in circle at 40 yards.  Mike

tha bugman

wow thats some impressive numbers!
Quote from: mspaci on April 07, 2014, 03:04:13 PM
I like both, Nitros pattern better. Cant find Mag blends in 10 ga.here in Ny for some reason.  So, I have some Nitros coming.  With Nitro`s I was getting 320`s in a 10 in circle at 40 yards.  Mike

I hate turkeys

I'm getting better patterns out of the mag blends but I'm shooting a P.G. choke.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

M R Ducks

I get the same size pattern - diameter wise - with federal #5's with the flight control wad.  The numbers of course are not even close as there are far fewer 5's than 7's between the loads.  But the density is certainly killing good...  and the shells are cheap.  26 inch bbl with the .690 Jellyhead.

eman375

I didn't think the nitro triplex loads were available in 10 gauge anymore...

tha bugman

I called th and they have one version that is still available.  They are waitin on the powder for the new ones that they have created with mega weight shot to come in amd was told that it was probably not going to be in this season.
Quote from: eman375 on April 07, 2014, 10:56:41 PM
I didn't think the nitro triplex loads were available in 10 gauge anymore...