Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

4-7-14 Swamp Hunt

Started by ccleroy, April 07, 2014, 09:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccleroy

Hunted this old swamp turkey this am, haven't messed with him in a week. Been hunting a few other birds that have been making me pound sand so I decided to switch gears and head back to this turkey......Got to the spot this am and he started hammering in a different location that prior engagements with him and he flew down in a big field, I knew where I wanted to get, a swamp bottom about 60 yards from the field......Thats where the whole jog went down. He stayed in that field for 45minutes to an hour hammering alone.....I soft called and scratched in the leaves and it was more than he could stand.......Best gobbling bird I've been on all season, he strolled into 30 yards periscoping through the swamp looking for me....stopped at 30 and went into half strut and I hammered him......another beautiful morning in the spring woods.

Crawl79

Awesome bird and hunt. Congrats

Frank G

Oh ya ......... super bird.  :icon_thumright:

Frank G  In Tennessee

alloutdoors

Congrats, you're having a great season!

jbrown

Awesome gobbler...I love huntin swamp birds!!

longbeard11

Absolutely awesome bird!!!! Look at that rope and big fan! beautiful bird for sure, congrats!!  You are wearin em out.

memert116

merocustomcalls

GSLAM95

Good bird, congratulations on a nice season to date.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

TRKYHTR

Rickey your a bad man on them turkeys. Congrats,

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Fisher62

Great bird!! That is an impressive beard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk