Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New set up: TC Encore 12 ga., Long Beard XR #6 3", Indian Creek choke

Started by turkeyhunter4life, April 06, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter4life

Decided against the hevi shot, not saying that they are bad. I killed a bird with the hevi shot 7 last year with good results. I thought I would try the long beards for the heck of it. Boy am I ever glad I did!!!!!!! By far the best results that I have ever seen (pictures to follow).  I did not do a count for a 10" number at 40, but I did count a ring that measured about 5".  The results were an incredible 125. Just imagine what the 10" circle would be. This is by far the tightest pattern I have ever seen for any shotgun.  They will out shoot a 3 1/2" hevi shot magnum blend.  This was performed out of my brothers gun.  He was shocked with the results. He will be making the switch as well as I did.  All I can say... is definitely try the new long beard. You certainly won't be sorry. Hope this helps if you are on the edge of buying these or not.

turkeyhunter4life

I apologize for taking so long to post, but here is the target from 40 yards. The backside of the target obviously shows the holes better. Hope you make the choice to go to Long Beard XR!

captin_hook

lowoctane

WOW! Yer finished! Now go buy some more of the same shells in that lot number! :z-twocents:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

CrustyRusty

turkeyhunter4life

Shadoe- the constriction is 660.

CrustyRusty- that is a rough tracing of the turkey target on the front. Was difficult with the lighting to be exact. But thanks about the pattern.

CrustyRusty

I was just goofing on ya.  My drawing abilities aren't even that good.

Lukas929

You will switch back to something else after you miss your first bird at 20 :anim_25: looks cool on paper but a quarter of them hits will still lay a bird out. Wouldn't you want more room for error?

fastford04

Spurcollecta

Quote from: Lukas929 on May 31, 2014, 09:23:19 AM
You will switch back to something else after you miss your first bird at 20 :anim_25: looks cool on paper but a quarter of them hits will still lay a bird out. Wouldn't you want more room for error?

Nope

Lukas929

Spurcollecta

Nice try, lol

If your shooting is as good as your jokes I can see why you need room for error

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.