turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Patterned again today with my SumToy .650

Started by memert116, April 06, 2014, 05:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memert116

One picture is the Longbeard XR #5's and the second picture is with Hevi Shot Magnum Blends 5x6x7's.  Both shots are at 30 yards.  Both hit a tad low....I have a 26" barrel and only a front bead.   Next year I may put better sights on it.  I think I'm going to hunt with the Hevi Shot.....what do you guys think?

jakebird

Yikes! That Mag Blend is gonna totally decapitate him!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

memert116

My buddy and I were saying the same thing.   Not exactly what I want to happen though.

wibirdhunter

I'd try it farther away, before determining what one to use.

the Ward

Sumtoy .650 and magblends shoot very tight patterns. If you want to open it up a bit at 30 yrds with that choke you might want to try some turkey thug 5s or ww grey box 5s with it and you should still have a plenty good enough pattern density at 40. If your going to use either of those loads you patterned I'd get a sight on it for sure! That's going to behead any bird at that range!

SumToy

You may try the 6's.  That may open the pattern up. 

Now Me I like that  :turkey2: :blob10:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

R AJ

You just need to see more bead on the target and you will be fine or else raise that sight picture just a grunt. You don't really need other sights. That gun is on brother.

learn2hide

Put the bead on the beak and pull the trigger
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

DirtNap647