turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

problems with hevi shot magnum blend

Started by Spurman1985, March 15, 2011, 05:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurman1985

Has any one had any problems with the loads not shoting the same pattern.

Spurman1985

1 out of 6 shots was way off it had no pattern at all any one else had problems like that

ElkTurkMan

I tried some last year, and there were some holes in my paterns with them.  I ended up sticking with  Hevi 13 #6's

hunttherut

Stumphunter

Ive been shooting them for a couple of years and have no problems with them. 

Hootowl

Guys that are having problems with them what type of Gun are you useing? I am considering switching over to Hevi-shot mag blend 5,6,7 I am shooting a Mossberg 500 with a Jellyhed choke tube .660 Constriction. Just woundering not what I want to here, when thinking if a change over. My season starts April 12 Kansas so I have time to resolve problem, or stay with what I am using now. 

Hoot

Spurman1985

Stoger 2000 with a jelly head the pattern is great except for the one shell.all together I have shot about 15 shots and 1 was no good
:cross2:

Hootowl

Thanks for the Info, I can live with that, I just bought about 100.00 worth. Working on some Patterns tomorrow.

Hoot

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: Hootowl on March 16, 2011, 10:06:08 AM
Guys that are having problems with them what type of Gun are you useing? I am considering switching over to Hevi-shot mag blend 5,6,7 I am shooting a Mossberg 500 with a Jellyhed choke tube .660 Constriction. Just woundering not what I want to here, when thinking if a change over. My season starts April 12 Kansas so I have time to resolve problem, or stay with what I am using now. 

Hoot
When I tried them last year I was using a Hevi Shot choke, which I believe is .665 construction, and I was sooting 3" shells out of an 870.  It did ok, but I just didn't like the holes in the pattern.  The 2oz #6 did much better out of my gun. 

StruttinGobbler3

Personally, I had high hopes for the Magnum Blends when they were first introduced, figured that load would for sure be the way to go. However, the pattern board told the tale. The numbers just didn't compare with the 2oz #6s
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

jebs chokes

You need too try JEBs HEADHUNTER chokes .We have improved every one we have shot whit. We have sold some old goobler on our chokes. We have not been outshot yet Im not say we cant be but we invite any one too try whit stock guns'and there choke shell combanation. turkeyhunter

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quote1 out of 6 shots was way off

Then I'd only buy boxes of 5. :TooFunny:

QuoteWe have sold some old goobler on our chokes.

For the record, I'd like to state that I'm not an Old Goobler. :TooFunny:

Quotejebs chokes

Welcome to the choke discussions on Old Gobbler. :icon_thumright:

redleg06

Ive shot alot of mag blends with a couple different guns and different chokes and the most consistent patterns have come from the Pure Gold 670 chokes.  I got some good patterns out of others but the Blends really seemed to like the pure gold.