OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

silver eagle sportster se

Started by jlewis4390, April 03, 2014, 07:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlewis4390

Got a silver eagle sportster se with 28" vent rub barrel this is my second year turkey hunting and last year I used my 870 20 gauge this year I would like to use my 12 gague silver eagle ....has anyone had experience with patterning one of these ? I have been using it for pheasants and it's a great gun .....looking to shoot a 3" load and looking to get a good pattern at 50 or so ...thanks

jlewis4390

It takes the bennelli Mobil choke system and also it has a chrome polished barrel so I am hoping maybe this will help a little with accuracy and patterning

Sparkchaser427

I have one and with the Primos tightwad I'm getting patterns between 150-172 with the Longbeard #5 loads. That is at 40 yards.

jlewis4390

The long beards are back ordered everywhere around me I can't even find them online

drum817

I have owned several shotguns that use the bennelli Mobil choke system.  I have used a SumToy .650 in all of them with GREAT results!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

jlewis4390

I will check the sumtroy out ....has anyone tried to shoot the mag shock flight control through any of the factory chokes ?

the Ward

Gun forum Gentlemen. This is the Pattern PICTURE forum. Pattern pic's only for the first post. No offense or disrespect meant but were getting way to many posts here that aren't pattern pics. Any ways, the fcw should work ok in your stock choke, just don't shoot them in chokes with a wadcatcher design. If your looking for good tight patterns with a mobile choke Drum's suggestion of the Sumtoy .650 is spot on. The small bore guns usually liked to be choked much tighter than standard size bores. Something in the .650-.660 range usually produce the best results. Good luck this season and .............. :welcomeOG:

jlewis4390

Sorry this is my first I wasn't sure where to post my question at I apologize ...thanks for into I will look at cabelas this weekend and see what chokes I can find in the 650 to 660

the Ward

Don't worry about it , no apology necessary! Glad to have ya onboard. Is the Silver eagle the gun dicks sporting goods is carrying? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was a very good looking and handling gun. Let us know how she patterns!

jlewis4390

Yes its the one dicks carries that's where i bought it actually lol only prob I have had is within 20 shots the barrel has alot of left to right rotation in it I sent it back they said it's fine and nothing they could do so I had to shin the barrel now there is no play so curious to see if it throws my POI off or not I know it doesn't on pheasant and quail lol

jlewis4390

Anyone have an opinion on the ssx by tru glo for this setup ?