turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3" #6 turkey tugs breaking bad

Started by rockyfackler, April 03, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockyfackler

I am new here at this form.what I have ready their are a lot of good people here.Now to the good stuff,I took 3" #6
turkey thugs and shot them out of 535 turkey thug.I have ported the barrel and add aindian creek black daimond strike
invecter .660 choke.The numbers were shocking at 30yds (262) in 10" circle. Moved back 40yds (237).will post picture when I figure it out.Thank,I will stay with good old lead.Thank for your time.

rockyfackler

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

rockyfackler

Give me some help.only want to shot lead .

jakesdad

Slide that point of impact about half a pattern to the right and you'll be in the bizness!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

rockyfackler

Thanks for the help.any other lead load you can tell me to try with short barrel.

lakeplainshunter

Why bother with a pattern like that.  Get your POA and POI to be the same then go hunt.

budtripp

I'd be going to your local walmart and buying a whole bunch of those if I were you

BandedSpur

Looks like a new world record. Never seen patterns anywhere near that good with Thugs. Those are LB numbers there.

mikejd

My crystal ball shows a few flopping turkeys in your future.

Nice pattern.

Longshanks

Quote from: BandedSpur on April 04, 2014, 08:11:45 AM
Looks like a new world record. Never seen patterns anywhere near that good with Thugs. Those are LB numbers there.

World record was what I was thinking..only seen 3" patterns like that @ 40 yds with Hevi 13 7's.

rockyfackler

I bought 10 boxes last year.shot 4 boxes and went  got 10 more boxes.THe gun did not shot like that from factory 100 to
120 pellets at 40 yds.ported the barrel went up to 170 to one 180, and add indain river choke shot 226,233, and last shot was 237.

AC 870

I couldn't find Longbeards in my local market. I bought box of 3 inch 6 Turkey Thugs and got good patterns too. Didn't count the pellets because too many holes. Like the thugs. Had great patterns st 40 and 40. Wouldn't be surprised I you could stretch to 50. And they were $9.99 a box.

albrubacker

Those patterns rock! Wouldn't change a thing other then POI
:OGturkeyhead:
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

trkehunr93