turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 vs BPS

Started by bax20ter, April 02, 2014, 07:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wibirdhunter

I'd say the bps is the nicest 3.5 inch pump being made but turkey hunting isn't much of a test of a shotgun so either one would work.

appalachianstruttstopper

Try them both out if you have the chance. Comes down to what feels best to you. You might like the trigger better on the BPS, and then again you may prefer the 835. Handle both as much as possible, I don't think either one is a bad decision.

stinkpickle

If it's for turkey hunting only, I might lean towards the 835.  If I'm going to use it for other stuff also, I'd probably go with the BPS.

ohiomossyoak

Quote from: bax20ter on April 02, 2014, 07:01:46 PM
I've been in the market for a new turkey gun for a while. I have a couple of options already on guns but I have the opprotunity to pick up a never fired mossberg 835 for 200 bucks and a used but in good shape browning bps special steel for 300$. Both 28" barrels. Mossy comes with 3 factory chokes, bps comes with lead improved and lead full invector chokes. Any opinions on one vs the other? Thinking about dipping whichever one I end up with to have a camo turkey slayer. Not the most important thing but A friends dad would do whole gun for 75$. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! I'm going to use your input for my decision.

With those price I would buy both
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

RAY

$200 no brainer. 835  :z-winnersmiley:

reflexl

I own both. Love both. No Issues with either. If you water fowl hunt as well the BPS would be the way to go in a duck blind. reflexl

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!