OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tight choke & Long Beards

Started by Triplgobble, April 02, 2014, 06:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triplgobble

What is the tightest choke that works with Long Beards? Have a Bansner .645 sleeved 870, been using Thugs #6's getting decent patterns but not fantastic. Do the Long Beards throw better #'s with larger shot because of the wad?

learn2hide

it's supposedly the resin...I shot the #5's into 197 in 10" at 40 yards through a .660 interesting to see what the tighter choke would do
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Longshanks

214 in a 10 @ 40.    Rem 870/ Kicks .655 Win LB's 3" 6's

*super tight, recommend a scope or red dot.

lowoctane

Quote from: Triplgobble on April 02, 2014, 06:26:55 PM
What is the tightest choke that works with Long Beards? Have a Bansner .645 sleeved 870, been using Thugs #6's getting decent patterns but not fantastic. Do the Long Beards throw better #'s with larger shot because of the wad?
:turkey2:  once the weather cooperates I plan on trying them with a 640. Have seen some interesting patterns with a tight tube...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

learn2hide

shot one through a .643 SSX yesterday...it was really cold and windy so numbers weren't great but it was even...dead turkey
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

tyelper

I have a .640 for rem if your interested,,

Borden811

I shot 270-275 with the 6s through a .650 in my benelli

Gooserbat

I get 190-210 through my 870 with a .655 Ballistic Specialties and LB #6. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.