OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally tried the Longbeards

Started by jakebird, April 01, 2014, 05:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebird

I've been shooting Mag Blends for a few years and I usually average 160-180 hits in a ten inch circle @40 with my 870 supermag and a Carlsons .665. Figured with the patterns I've been seeing with the new Longbeards they might be worth a try. It was tough finding them but finally got them shipped from Macks Prairie Wings today. With sunny and 63 degrees the bench was beckoning. Let's just say I wasn't disappointed. I ordered the 3" shells for the sake of my 10yr old son who shoots my gun usually with lighter loads than my 3.5's. For a 3" shell I was immediately impressed. They shot to point of aim of my mag Blends and with considerable less recoil. They also shoot with little fouling as I had heard. Very clean shooter. The patterns were impressive. First shot from a deep cleaned barrel at a measured forty yards= 211 pellets in the ten inch circle. Second shot was even better- 232. 90%of the pattern is in twenty inches and pretty good consistency, not many big voids. I definitely have found his loads and can see myself switching to the 3.5 load when I burn through what's left of my mag Blends.

Longbeards 3"  1 3/4 oz #6 @ 40 yds.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

memert116

hoping to try my LB's this week and hoping for the same good results that you got..... :icon_thumright:

BigStrutter

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

beagler

Never Misses

jfair

Very nice pattern.  Looks like you are ready to go.

DirtNap647

tomstopper

alclark2

Very nice! I have some that I'd like to feed my 835 when it warms up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

TJK68