OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gun cleaning??

Started by whitemarlin, March 15, 2011, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitemarlin

I'm in the process of putting a b square mount on my 870 and want to clean the trigger assembly. can i use break free CLP to clean it and then use rem's dri-lube to re-lube the trigger assembly. or is there a better way. any advise would be great, thanks

shootumindaface

I would use something that dries fast and flush it.. Although breakfree does not attract grime as bad as some lubricants, over time if you have flushed it with it, it will

VAHUNTER

i usually use a air compressor(on low pressure) to blow any debri from the trigger assembly. if you thing that it needs to be lubricated use powdered graphite
Good things come to those who wait

Reloader

Gun Scrubber or BF Powder Blast are my favorites.  I probably have 10 cans of the stuff in my loading room.  Blast the heck out of it outside, give it a shake, and let it dry for a few minutes.  Tiny drops of oil only on hinge points and metal to metal contacts.  If you soak it down in oil, it will suck up dirt like a hoover and get gummy in cold weather.

bowhunter84

Quote from: Reloader on March 15, 2011, 01:57:56 PM
Gun Scrubber or BF Powder Blast are my favorites.  I probably have 10 cans of the stuff in my loading room.  Blast the heck out of it outside, give it a shake, and let it dry for a few minutes.  Tiny drops of oil only on hinge points and metal to metal contacts.  If you soak it down in oil, it will suck up dirt like a hoover and get gummy in cold weather.
:agreed:

whitemarlin

Thanks guys, The trigger assembly has never been out since it was assembled at the factory and i wanted to clean it and the recever good before i put it back together. :z-paddy-smiley113:

joshua

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 15, 2011, 02:51:10 PM
Quote from: Reloader on March 15, 2011, 01:57:56 PM
X2
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

hookedspur

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 15, 2011, 01:45:29 PM
i usually use a air compressor(on low pressure) to blow any debri from the trigger assembly. if you thing that it needs to be lubricated use powdered graphite
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions