OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who has a backup turkey gun?

Started by eddie234, March 31, 2014, 11:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

My Remington model 870 special purpose mag is my main squeeze. My back up is a Remington SP-10.

Old Gobbler

This is my primary turkey rig , the back up is the 380 taped to the stock , if it gets all gangsta ' and I run out of ammo like Sigourney Weaver did in aliens and I have to shoot and stab my way back to the shuttle ( in my case the pick up truck ) I will use the bayonet attachment

- I usually chirp it into 2nd hear and throw out a peace sign when I light out of my turkey huntin spot with barely my life to spare

Just kidding .... My primary is a sp10 , if it ever breaks and it just won't quit on me , I have a versamax
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildTigerTrout

My primary turkey gun is a Benelli SBE I. It's the gun I carry the most. I have four backups, a Rem. 870 SM, a Browning BPS 10 ga., a Benelli Nova 20 ga., and a Knight TK 2000 ML. :smiley-char092:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

goblr77

I don't really have a backup. I have several different guns and use each on occasion. I primarily tote either of the 870 20 gauge guns.

870 20 gauge 21" barrel with OD green cerakote and knoxx stock. FF3 sight
870 20 gauge 21" barrel MO original bottomland
Weatherby SA-08 20 gauge 24" barrel. FF3 sight
Mossberg 835 24" barrel MO Breakup with Nikon Turkey Pro Scope
Beretta Xtrema 1 26" barrel MO new bottomland

kshutt

I usually hunt with my Mossy 935, and have the 835 as my back-up. This year I'm doing it the other way around.

shotgun_oly

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 31, 2014, 10:00:51 PM
This is my primary turkey rig , the back up is the 380 taped to the stock , if it gets all gangsta ' and I run out of ammo like Sigourney Weaver did in aliens and I have to shoot and stab my way back to the shuttle ( in my case the pick up truck ) I will use the bayonet attachment

- I usually chirp it into 2nd hear and throw out a peace sign when I light out of my turkey huntin spot with barely my life to spare

Just kidding .... My primary is a sp10 , if it ever breaks and it just won't quit on me , I have a versamax

:drool: : :newmascot: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

DirtNap647

870FaceLift

My primary is a SBE2, but I have an old 870 as a backup.  The 870 will be passed down to my boy when he's old enough, but I still shake the dust of it every spring at some point.  I also have a Franchi Affinity in 20g that I have been toying with.
Pass it on...

racks

I used a 870 Express, my kid took it away from me as soon as he was big enough to shoot it, so I bought a 2nd Express to use.  The kid got a 11-87 a few yrs ago and quit using my gun.  I just got a Stoeger M3500 to use for turkey and duck.  Right now, primary is still my 870, but that may change when I actually get to hunt with the Stoeger.

rugershooter

Benelli supernova 26"/.655 jellyhead backed up by 870 express 21"/.660 gobblin' thunder. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter-b

(1) 870 sm (2) 870 sm (3) sbe 2 (4) 1100

turkey buster

I shoot the 935 I just bought and love the results from it. My backups are my 870sm and old browning a5 with a 30in full choke. I use to take the a5 a few hunts every year and have killed 2 with it. This year I fell in love with the longbeards and 935 and killed out and couldn't take her :(

d.winsor

1300 is a good gun, sounds like you have a good plan, I have a 1300 and 2 870's to go to if I need anything else.

Extremesolo

Everyone needs at least one backup turkey gun.  To the OP - if I had to choose between the 835 and another 1300 for a dedicated turkey gun I would go with the 835.  I kow you already have a 1300 so swapping items would be a plus but there is no guarantee that the other 1300 would work well with the items you use now.  Rare is the 835/935 that does not throw great patterns with minimal work.  Plus variety is the spice of life.

I currently have the following and take whatever I feel like carrying that particular day:
Mossberg 500C, 20 ga., Pure Gold .555, ATI talon stock, burris speed bead
Stoeger M2000, 12 ga., .643 SSX choke
Remington 870, 12 ga., .665 jellyhead
Mossberg 835, 12 ga., .676 Star Dot

eddie234

Thanks for all the replies.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk