turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Quite woods

Started by surehuntsalot, March 30, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

had to work saturday,went this morning and heard nothing,not one bird.
hunted until 10:00,when I left going home at around 11:00 gobbler was standing on the power line with 8 hens,go figure.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FullChoke

It sounds like we might need to go at this bird from more than one side. Do you know where he/they like to roost? We will give him something he isn't used to next weekend.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

I sure hope something happens next weekend,this is getting rough.
You still gonna be able to make it?

FullChoke

I'll be there with my holographic optics and no decoys!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Make sure you guys post up some pictures.  Me and Hooter are hunting on Friday so I will try and do the same.  Perhaps we will be posing with a thunder chicken

FullChoke

Hooter

Yep, been out every morn and eve, trying to put a plan together for friday.
Hope Tim don't mind walkin a mile through the woods in the dark,...lol.
Been hearing birds almost everywhere. Just trying figure out which area would be best for video.
Wifie and I did not score this past weekend. Was on several gobblin birds, but just could not connect. We usually do our most damage the last few weeks of the season anyway. After most of the hunters give up and go back to fishin.
Probably gonna go for an hour or so this morn before work, found a new place that is fairly close to the road, been hearing some the last week.

surehuntsalot

good luck to ya"ll up there in Tennessee
I sure hope some will want to dance with Norman and I.
Looking like the weather is going to try and screw up the party some.