OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longbeards and Ventilator

Started by remmy1187, March 30, 2014, 04:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remmy1187

Has anyone shot the LB with the Ventilator yet?  What were your results? 

jakesdad

Yes.Real impressive at 40 real tight at 20.I would say 180-190 in 10" at 40 and about baseball size at 20.I do plan on finding a more open choke and give the LBs another go,but probably not until turkey season is over.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

scdxt

Quote from: jakesdad on March 30, 2014, 09:06:15 PM
Yes.Real impressive at 40 real tight at 20.I would say 180-190 in 10" at 40 and about baseball size at 20.I do plan on finding a more open choke and give the LBs another go,but probably not until turkey season is over.
So I guess you like the choke I put you on?

cuppednlocked

I've got a NIB Mad Max .655 that I plan on trying out this coming weekend.  I will post the results or send you a message with them.

I know it's not quite the Ventilator but as tight.

Ruger M77

I average 160 with the longbeards with the ventilator out of my 870
I eat therefore I hunt

jakesdad

scdxt-

Yes the ventilator put up great numbers with the longbeards,just a little too tight for my liking.It also did well with the grey box winchester 3' #6's.I avg around mid 120s at 40 and get good even dense coverage in a roughly 10" pattern at 20 yds as opposed to a baseball sized one with the LBs

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Quackwacker NC

I shooting it out of my 3" 870 26" barrel with the ventilator, getting high 180's out of the 6's

remmy1187

Thanks guys, my primary gun is my 11-87 20 gauge but I wanted to have my 12 gauge 11-87 for my back-up just in case.   I have a very good hevi-shot load for my 12 but wanted to give the LB's a try. 

Longshanks

160's out of my 870sm 26" @ 40. XX 3/2/6's. No need to shoot LB's out of this setup.

cuppednlocked

I only had time to shoot a 20 gauge 870 in prep for my nephews hunt this Fri/Sat.

remmy1187

Quote from: cuppednlocked on April 07, 2014, 10:34:36 PM
I only had time to shoot a 20 gauge 870 in prep for my nephews hunt this Fri/Sat.
I know how that goes, I haven't even got to pattern anything yet.  Good luck with your nephew, hope he smokes a big one like last year.

cuppednlocked

Thanks!  I will post any results.