turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester SX2 setup

Started by xarcher, March 15, 2011, 08:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xarcher

I posted this request some time ago but lost it when OG crashed a few weeks ago.   Reaching out to you all again to find a good load and choke tube combo for a Winchester SX2, 3.5 inch.  I have used it exclusively for waterfowl but now want to cross over. 

Thanks

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Fullfan

I have received very good results with my X-2 and a Rhino choke. It shoots the Winchester EX range #6, Hevi #6 and the Hevi Mag Blends all very well. The Mag blends give my 200-230 in a 10" at 40 yds.

It also put 250 in the 10" with the #7 Hevi. All shells were  3 1/2"
Don't gobble at me...

Reloader

The JH670 is a good choke in that gun.  The old Star Dot 667 is a good one as well.  PG670 and IC675 are good ones as well.

I fired a Win 3" 1-7/8oz #6 lead and 3.5" 2-1/8oz hevi 7 handload through my SX2 on Friday and both gave nice patterns at 40yds.  The JH670 and H13 7s would turn your rig into a long range turkey slaying machine.  If you only want a 45yd rig, Win lead 6s will do just fine as well.

TLT

I have killed many gobblers with both of my super x2's from 10 yards to 50 plus yards using 3.5 inch 5s and 6s lead, hevi shot, wincester extended range all with carlson ported .665. this choke will shoot great patterns with winchester hv extended range or federal flite control loads also. these chokes are in the $40 range new and will kill turkeys as well as anything other combo.

TLT