OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Called Indian Creek

Started by talltines, March 15, 2011, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Quote from: bird on March 17, 2011, 01:54:28 PM
Sounds like to me that a bunch of ya need your turkey season to begin.  A little cabin fever is starting to get to some of ya.

Al, you have no idea.  I see dead turkeys!

longspur

I got a new box of 3 1/2 - 2 1/4 - 7s from cabelas and a new choke from I.C.  284. I'm a happy camper. Maybe if I did that last year I'd be in the 300 club. Too much other crap to worry about.

VAHUNTER

all i know is that i have several box's of H13 #6's that throw a mean pattern. a vest full of some sweet sounding calls. some of the best private land to hunt and everyday of the season to hunt it. so i'm ready to bust some heads
Good things come to those who wait

S.C.C

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 18, 2011, 07:37:09 AM
all i know is that i have several box's of H13 #6's that throw a mean pattern. a vest full of some sweet sounding calls. some of the best private land to hunt and everyday of the season to hunt it. so i'm ready to bust some heads
:lol:   cruel     :happy0064:

VAHUNTER

Quote from: S.C.C on March 18, 2011, 08:05:02 AM
:lol:   cruel     :happy0064:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Good things come to those who wait

knightrider

you are a terrible man :lol: just kidding i wish all the best in busting some heads brother, im right there with ya im ready to kill something with my hevi 13's :you_rock:

SKFOOTER

Quote from: longspur on March 18, 2011, 03:02:15 AM
I got a new box of 3 1/2 - 2 1/4 - 7s from cabelas and a new choke from I.C.  284. I'm a happy camper. Maybe if I did that last year I'd be in the 300 club. Too much other crap to worry about.
What's the lot # on the shell box??

longspur

300488 - I only shot two and there was about a 20 count difference which is normal for my gun after cleaning. I know thats not enough to confirm consistancy. I may shoot another before season opens. If I do get a consistant # it still won't tell me what last years shells would do. I don't think its gona make any difference, they already told somebody they were full of crap (so to speak)

SKFOOTER

Those are the newer shells that most of us are having patterning problems with.  What gun and choke are you shooting them thru?

longspur

835 - IC .675 I need to shoot some more I guess but dang $5 a pop.

archery1

i shoot a ic choke. with my mossy 835 i shot hevi 3" 6 shot got 165 hits at 40 yds. shot 3" hevi 7 shot got 179 hits at 40yds. enough to kill a turkey .nice an even patterns from both . i shot the winchester also. they do great patterns at 25 yds but after that they fall apart. had horrible patterns at 40 yds with them. now they were the ones from walmart though. i didnt get the winchester xtnd  ones yet. i also have my barrel deep cleaned an polished. i never shot any 3 1/2 " shells as of yet.
Take a kid hunting