turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Called Indian Creek

Started by talltines, March 15, 2011, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhunterKMC

I saw the same thing on Sunday with my new Hevishot #7 3" 2oz loads.  Was patterning my 12 gauge and it absolutely sucked bad from 40 yards.  I had about the same # of pellets in the 10" circle as my son had with his 20 gauge shooting 1 1/4 oz 3" #7 Hevishot.   Both with Indian Creek tubes.   Didn't shoot the 20 from 30 yds with the hevishot.

12 gauge 870 super magnum:
   40 yds:
      Hevishot 2 oz #7 3" shell - 128 pellets in 10" circle
   30 yds:
      Hevishot 2 oz #7 3" shell - 269 pellets in 10" circle

20 gauge 870: (hevishot had more pellets at 40 than Federal at 30)
   40 yds:
      Hevishot 1.25 oz #7 3" shell - 121 pellets in 10" circle
   30 yds:
      Federal 1.25 oz #6 3" shell - 116 pellets in 10" circle

I hate turkeys

My experience is Indian Creek is concerned with your satisfaction. There going to tell you the what they think the solutions is even if it's sending the choke back for another constriction.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: drum817 on March 15, 2011, 10:44:11 PM
Quote from: JohnDoe on March 15, 2011, 10:33:16 PM
Hey the laugh is on me.  What are they brothers?

Spurgetter is one of the owners of Indian Creek.....If he says it's a bad batch of Ammo then it's probably the case.  Hevi-13 is VERY BAD about screwing up loads by changing components every few years.....and....it looks like Hevi-13 has now ONCE AGAIN started screwing up the #7 load.  Like I said earlier, their company logo should be "Hevi-13... if it ain't broke ....we'll break it"

X2, I had the same experience 2 days ago with the str. 7s in a gun that shot nearly 300, this round of shooting was just over 200. Personally I cant stand incompetence and it seems like EM just cant keep it together. The IC guys will bend over backwards to make it work or you, Ive found a better mouse trap and hevi isnt in the picture.
The last thing i wan when I have a gobbler working in is to start wondering if the chambered shell is a good one.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

S.C.C

Quote from: JohnDoe on March 15, 2011, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: Spurgetter on March 15, 2011, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: bird on March 15, 2011, 09:36:42 AM
Bad batch of ammo, yeah right!  If that is what the guy said then I would say that is a piss poor excuse for lack of performance.  I haven't heard of any other choke companies having performance problems with Hevi-13 #7's. 

How come the people that absolutly do not have a clue what they are talking about always have to talk? Blows my mind

Spurgetter

I assure you Bird knows a bit of what he talks about. You may have a different opinion, but no clue is a bit much.

John
Spurgetter I'm sure this will take some heat off the busted IC. chokes and finish coming off the new stainless chokes.I myself own 13 of your chokes and they are good shooters,but do have a few ?'s to ask you.Are the chokes being sold on GunBroker the ones made from the inferior metal?Why did you switch from carbon to stainless?Why does your choke internals get gouged and chipped and dented up after only a few shots of HEVI?Can the Fed. HW FCW really be shot thru your chokes without a problem?Why do your chokes sound like a harp out of tune when it brushes across a limb in the woods or when I go to remove a leaf or twig from the slotted ports.How many chokes have you had fail/break over the years?And what do you think was the cause?Just a few for now seeing you are a member of O/G now!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I own an Indian Creek BDS .665 RemChoke, and I like the product.  I've put about 30 rounds of HTL and Magnum Lead through it, and I only see one nick inside the choke, on one of the wad catchers. 

I really like the choke because of the porting design.  It stops wad rotation dead in its tracks.  The choke was a little expensive, but I'm glad I own one. 

It shoots HTL as well as anything else I've tried, and it shoots Lead well too.  I don't get huge numbers, but I get nice even coverage.  Pellets on target out to 50 Yards.

I'm glad that Indian Creek is in the choke game. :icon_thumright:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Why in the world would EM mess with the #7 shells?

Someone on the inside of that company needs to speak up.

S.C.C

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 16, 2011, 06:47:55 AM
I own an Indian Creek BDS .665 RemChoke, and I like the product.  I've put about 30 rounds of HTL and Magnum Lead through it, and I only see one nick inside the choke, on one of the wad catchers. 
And how many of those 30 shells were 2oz's or better of #6 HEVI-SHOT???
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 16, 2011, 06:51:47 AM
Why in the world would EM mess with the #7 shells?

Someone on the inside of that company needs to speak up.
And some other Companies as well!!!

S.C.C

Quote from: S.C.C on March 16, 2011, 05:19:21 AM
Quote from: JohnDoe on March 15, 2011, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: Spurgetter on March 15, 2011, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: bird on March 15, 2011, 09:36:42 AM
Bad batch of ammo, yeah right!  If that is what the guy said then I would say that is a piss poor excuse for lack of performance.  I haven't heard of any other choke companies having performance problems with Hevi-13 #7's. 

How come the people that absolutly do not have a clue what they are talking about always have to talk? Blows my mind

Spurgetter

I assure you Bird knows a bit of what he talks about. You may have a different opinion, but no clue is a bit much.

John
Spurgetter I'm sure this will take some heat off the busted IC. chokes and finish coming off the new stainless chokes.I myself own 13 of your chokes and they are good shooters,but do have a few ?'s to ask you.Are the chokes being sold on GunBroker the ones made from the inferior metal?Why did you switch from carbon to stainless?Why does your choke internals get gouged and chipped and dented up after only a few shots of HEVI?Can the Fed. HW FCW really be shot thru your chokes without a problem?Why do your chokes sound like a harp out of tune when it brushes across a limb in the woods or when I go to remove a leaf or twig from the slotted ports.How many chokes have you had fail/break over the years?And what do you think was the cause?Just a few for now seeing you are a member of O/G now!
Waiting....

Gobble!

You guys have me really excited to shoot the 2 new boxes of h13 shells I bought last week  :character0029: . I knew I should of bought more of them last year  :bike2: . At the end of this season I'm going with a Nitros. Enough is enough EM. What the @#%$ are you doing?
Last year with the 7s I was around the 320s we will see what their new shells get me this weekend.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

EM spoiled us with the good #7's.  Now we can't be satisfied with anything less than 250 or 300 or 350.  The "bad" #7's will probably pattern at least as good as the "good" #6's do/did.  But then why would we use #7's?

As far as the Indian Creek choke thing goes, if mine ever breaks I'll just let them replace it.  10 chokes broke, and they replaced them.  If the replacements are good, and there aren't a bunch of others that break, all of the piling on is just.........

:deadhorse:

shootumindaface

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 16, 2011, 08:53:36 AM
EM spoiled us with the good #7's.  Now we can't be satisfied with anything less than 250 or 300 or 350.  The "bad" #7's will probably pattern at least as good as the "good" #6's do/did.  But then why would we use #7's?

The majority of patterns on here are ALREADY the Bad 7s

S.C.C

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 16, 2011, 08:56:16 AM
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 16, 2011, 08:53:36 AM

The majority of patterns on here are ALREADY the Bad 7s
x2   :agreed:

And strange, no answers from Spurgetter to my ?'s above or in pm's!!! >:(

shootumindaface

Yup could explain the differences between a bunch of identical combos placing up big numbers and than much lower numbers.. Some folks are shooting what they had left from last year and than some have this years lots..

Good luck to the folks that are going to be tryingg to find the older lots, hardly anyone stocked them last year and when they did OG members bought them out LOL

VAlongbeard84

This is exactly the reason when I found my 11-87 was shooting over 320 hits in a 10" circle, I bought up every box I could find from midsouth in that lot number. Ended up with 19 boxes, just so this crap wouldn't happen. EM is terrible for this. I ordered some 20 gauge hevi-13 7's a couple days ago, and I hope they shoot well. What has the report been on the 20 gauge 7's this year vs. last?? Any problems with them like the 12 gauge offerings?? I certainly hope not.

boyhowdy

Whats really bad (as far as I'm concerned)  is as picky as these tight shooting guns are with POI - there aint a doubt in my mind that thats gonna change too from a component change.  I knew I shoulda bought Winchester- I guess I've got some more shooting to do.