turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Called Indian Creek

Started by talltines, March 15, 2011, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Heck just go buy you a cheap Tru-Glo SSX for around $40 shipped to your door.  From what I have seen so far that choke will shoot with the best of them. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

That Indian Creek choke should shoot.  I would try another box of shells or try the Win like you said.  I was just throwing the Tru-Glo out there as a cheaper alternative.  But I can tell you that it will shoot very well.  I paid $23 for mine off gunbroker.  The best $23 I ever spent.  

shootumindaface

That is why I switched from H 13 in the 20.. Its not a big deal in the 12 to go from 280 to 200.. But in the 20 its a big deal to go from 140 to 80.. The variation in the pellet size leads to eradicate numbers..

chipper

I called IC a few weeks ago and Stuart told me the same thing and I believe he's somewhat right, I still have a few shells from last year and the ones I bought this year won't shoot near as good as last years batch so I contacted EM and was told they made a powder change from last year, when I get home I'll get the mans name I spoke to and ya'll can email and see if they tell you the same thing.

shootumindaface

Quote from: chipper on March 15, 2011, 04:14:23 PM
so I contacted EM and was told they made a powder change from last year, when I get home I'll get the mans name I spoke to and ya'll can email and see if they tell you the same thing.
Reason Number 2 I dont shoot their shells

drum817

Quote from: chipper on March 15, 2011, 04:14:23 PM
I contacted EM and was told they made a powder change from last year,

YOU GOTTA FREAKIN' BE KIDDIN' ME.....Why can't that company leave crap ALONE.....I have 7's left over from last year.  When those are gone....THEN WHAT ??  Their slogan ought to be... "Hevi-13, if it ain't broke....we'll break it".   :character0029: :character0029: :character0029:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Fullfan

I just wanted to say you several guys who posted pic's of the Win Ex-range patterns. WOW . I would take that any day over the #7's.

I do not remember how my guns did with the Ex-range stuff?? Must have been well because I just checked and I have 2 full boxes of 3" and 2 boxes of the 3 1/2.

I do remember how hard it rocked the patterning backer I was shooting at though, it was only second to the Fed HW that I had shot.
Don't gobble at me...

drum817

Quote from: Fullfan on March 15, 2011, 05:27:53 PM
I just wanted to say you several guys who posted pic's of the Win Ex-range patterns. WOW . I would take that any day over the #7's.

I do not remember how my guns did with the Ex-range stuff?? Must have been well because I just checked and I have 2 full boxes of 3" and 2 boxes of the 3 1/2.

I do remember how hard it rocked the patterning backer I was shooting at though, it was only second to the Fed HW that I had shot.

I do shoot the Xtended's in my 835 & I have no plans to change....however I shoot the 7's in my Supernova because that gun is A LOT more "picky" about loads and the 7's from last year were doing GREAT....My worst pattern with the 7's was 300 in the 10" with my Supernova.  When EM screws with the load then I have to start the process all over again.  I am just about done with that company.

savduck

I dont shoot a mossy, but I shoot an IC with winchester extended 6s. I like what get out of it.
Georgia Boy

Spurgetter

Quote from: bird on March 15, 2011, 09:36:42 AM
Bad batch of ammo, yeah right!  If that is what the guy said then I would say that is a piss poor excuse for lack of performance.  I haven't heard of any other choke companies having performance problems with Hevi-13 #7's.  

How come the people that absolutly do not have a clue what they are talking about always have to talk? Blows my mind

gobb-lemon

drum817

gobb-lemon

drum817

Quote from: JohnDoe on March 15, 2011, 10:33:16 PM
Hey the laugh is on me.  What are they brothers?

Spurgetter is one of the owners of Indian Creek.....If he says it's a bad batch of Ammo then it's probably the case.  Hevi-13 is VERY BAD about screwing up loads by changing components every few years.....and....it looks like Hevi-13 has now ONCE AGAIN started screwing up the #7 load.  Like I said earlier, their company logo should be "Hevi-13... if it ain't broke ....we'll break it"