OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Would Like To Thank VAHUNTER

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 15, 2011, 07:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

This one is for thanks to VAHUNTER for talking me in to getting a Bear Tooth comb kit for my 835.  I shot it the other day with my new Bushnell scope on it and no more stock bruising my cheeekbone.  I thank you sir.   :icon_thumright:  I love it!  

VAHUNTER

well thank you bud. but there is no thanks needed. that's why we are here .to help our OG brothers and sisters. if i do not use and believe in a product i swear i will not recommend it.

Glad that you like the Beartooth. it is a great addition that will not break the bank. and really helps with cheek slap !!! that in itself makes it worth every Pennie
Good things come to those who wait

bbcoach

When I set up my 835, I put a Limbsaver and a Beartooth Comb Kit on it also, from advice received from OG.  With 3 1/2 inchers in her, I don't notice any recoil at all.  Thanks for all the SOLID advice from ALL of you!!!!!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: bbcoach on March 15, 2011, 10:27:40 AM
When I set up my 835, I put a Limbsaver and a Beartooth Comb Kit on it also, from advice received from OG.  With 3 1/2 inchers in her, I don't notice any recoil at all.  Thanks for all the SOLID advice from ALL of you!!!!!

I got a LimbSaver on mine as well.  It makes a big difference.   :icon_thumright:

reynolds243

would that kit work for a straight bead sight?  seems they are more for scope alignment...i love the idea though!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 15, 2011, 10:37:33 AM
would that kit work for a straight bead sight?  seems they are more for scope alignment...i love the idea though!!

Well I just have one thicker pad in mine, but it works great.  It lines my eye perfectly up with the scope.  They have different thickenesses of pads to try.  I would say even the thinner pads would work. 

bbcoach

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 15, 2011, 10:37:33 AM

Reynolds, yes it will work for a straight beaded sight.  The kit comes with a neoprene pad that slips over the stock and holds the padded shims in place.  It comes with various thickness of padded shims that allow you to get the correct rise for your cheek depending on the sight or scope you are using.  Definitely saves the JAW.

trkehunr93

I am making the switch to 3.5" shells this season and after the first shot patterning H-13  #7's I felt like I had been punched in the face.  2 weeks later and my cheekbone is still slightly sore to the touch.  I have a Beartooth on order, glad to hear they make a good product.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.