turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoger choke tube question?

Started by Basser69, February 08, 2011, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basser69

Who's thread pattern matches Stoeger chokes in a 12 ga. condor?

Skeeterbait

My son's condor uses Win-Choke / Invector Choke / Accu Choke.  I only assume all condors are the same though.

Basser69

Thanks Skeeter! If I may ask any hints on which choke direction to move in? And how were the factory fixed sites poa vrs. poi?

Skeeterbait

His gun is a trap/skeet model.  It tends to shoot a bit high which I think most trap/skeet guns do so you don't have to blot out clays going away.  His gun came with a pair of imp cyl and I bought him a pair of full and a pair of mod Mossberg accu-chokes solely because the Mossberg chokes where lowest cost.  Browning Invector chokes may be better steel and may be more rust proof.  Only thing about his gun that limits its usefulness as a hunting gun is it has no barrel selector.  What ever barrel fired last the other barrel fires next.  So you can't set up different chokes and pick which to fire.  The higher grade Condors have a barrel selector.  But other than that it shoulders and shoots very nice.

Basser69

Thanks again Skeeter. The two I picked up are intro models. No barrel selector, ect. I snapped one of them one time and I think that the next barrel/trigger is set via the last shell shot fired. It looks like I will have to set both barrels up the same so there is no worries where the shot is going or which tube is up next. Thanks again for the help