OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SS Box Call just got delivered

Started by Heller, March 27, 2014, 02:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

Quote from: 2eagles on March 29, 2014, 08:20:11 PM
I just got my new SS box call Friday.  Happiness in a box (call)!!  Might not make the turkeys too happy, though.

CONGRATS!!!  Best of luck with it!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

TJK68

Roughneck

silverspur

That call will serve you well in the turkey woods, them boys do em right! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

SS Calls

Glad you like the call Mark. Best of luck with it in the turkey woods!  :icon_thumright:

Heller

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 28, 2014, 12:40:56 PM
good looking call, hows the the yellowheart sound? I look a yellowheart striker I have and have wondered about it as a box call paddle before

It got a bit of rasp to it. But I don't know if that's the wood or if it was the way Al tuned it. It's not over raspy, it's very turkey with a bit of rasp. It has a nice purr, great yelps and clucks, and it gobbles well to

Xcal1ber

Just got my SS field box in the other day. All I can say is AMAZING! The maple over mineral popular sounds out of this world. A little clear front end going in to the perfect amount of rasp.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

longbow59

I ordered a Kiwila/Butternut field grade box call, all I can say is wow. If they won't answer that there not gobbling. Highly recommend, the man knows what a turkey sounds like.