Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

3-27-14 Double Down

Started by ccleroy, March 27, 2014, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccleroy

Hunted these birds yesterday morning on a new piece of property I didn't know well at all.......setup on them and was never really in the "zone".....listened to them all morning as I couldn't make a move due to the layout so I just sat tight and took mental notes.......Looked at the maps last night and formulated a plan of attack, headed in early this morning and got within 100 yards of the roost, (Well where they roosted yesterday) and low and behold they were there......didnt know it but there was a big canal they were roosted across, they gobbled hard on the limb, I gave them a few tree yelps off my buice and they cut me off.....just sat tight after that.....they hit the ground and acted as they were going to head the other way....I cut hard and they all hammered, and a bird to my far left that had never said a word which was within 150 yards......I cut and yelped again and they had split the distance......I then heard them pitch across the canal, after that they stepped out and walked and strutted the whole way from 80 yards out.....When the lead strutter got to 25 I cut hard and they all ran their necks up.....flopping commenced immediately.....Such a beautiful morning, these birds amaze me......

merocustomcalls

That's quite the season you are having!  I'm still staring at snow outside. 

alloutdoors

Nice! That one on the right looks to have a good beard at least, is he an upgrade from your first bird?

headbanger

Yessir, you are wearing them out! Congrats!

sadkins

Congrats

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

eddie234

Very nice!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

memert116

Congrats Rickey, sounds like an amazing hunt this morning... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

savduck

Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck