turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

East Tennessee

Started by MouthCaller, March 26, 2014, 08:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

What's the word fellas? I'm heading out in the morning to listen might be the last good morning for a few days they're calling for a lot of rain Friday and Saturday. Forecast also looks like cold nights warm days next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Tom Foolery

My spots in Scott County have been quiet as can be.

MouthCaller

Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 26, 2014, 08:19:54 PM
My spots in Scott County have been quiet as can be.
Not good I'm only one county over

Stoney Creek

Went to Scott Co. last week and heard 2. Slow. Three times on the roost and quiet on the ground. Hawkins and Sullivan are slow also. Been going after graveyard and listening. Only heard 2 gobbles in 5 mornings. It will only get better, at least I have found a couple to hunt.... Good Luck!!!

MouthCaller

Heard a few gobbles this morning nothing major, they wouldn't gobble at me they would only go on their own and when they wanted to, heard maybe four gobbles total.

longfield

I heard 3 gobble on Tuesday morning in Jefferson County but nothing since then. All the birds I have seen have been henned up with a bunch of hens.

MouthCaller

Quote from: longfield on March 27, 2014, 07:57:19 PM
I heard 3 gobble on Tuesday morning in Jefferson County but nothing since then. All the birds I have seen have been henned up with a bunch of hens.
That's a little more along in the process than I thought they were a guy I know said a guy he knows saw a flock of 50 during youth hunt which lead me to believe they're still in winter flocks.

MouthCaller

Huge flock of gobblers this morning and a few on the limb alone they all were hammering until fly down then went silent. Called in two this morning using as mouth call and gobble shaker after they went silent and man it did the trick!