News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli Nova 12Ga Choke tube

Started by deerhunt123, March 25, 2014, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerhunt123

Hello Gobble Getters,

I just purchased a Benelli Nova 12 gauge with 26" barrel. I am going to get this gun patterned and was wanting to know if any of you know of the best choke tube to use for this gun. I will be shooting Remington Nitro Turkey shells, No. 4, in 3 1/2". Any knowledge shared would be very helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

TJK68

I always got good patterns from my Nova's using the Kick's GT .665 tube. I shot Federal 5's and Nitro's (not Remington) out of them most of the time.

sixbird

I have an SBE II and just today patterned with a .670 Down N Dirty Haymaker and Mag Blend 3" 2 oz. ammo...20 yd. pattern 7-8 inches. 40 yd. even with good coverage. Didn't count pellets since I was going to be late for family gathering. I can tell you it was PLENTY good for hunting. I wouldn't want to be standing at 40 yds. if I had a two inch head!

old3toe

I have a kicksGT .660 in my nova. Shoots lots of different loads well. Its the only choke I've used in it for turkeys. It has the 26" barrel.

gleezer

I've had good luck with a Pure Gold .670 in my Nova.

tman74

Hunter1979

I am shooting a 24" barrel, Carlson's longbeard xr tube.  I put right about 200 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yds shooting Winchester longbeard xr 3.5" 5's.
Make sure you pattern at close range.. Mine was pretty tight at 12 yards.