Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Possible end in sight......

Started by woodsman1977, March 25, 2014, 10:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsman1977

Weather report in Michigan is finally geting better.....it could hit 50 this weekend.

I haven't been able to get any scouting in but not too worried about it, I have been feeding all winter long on 3 of my properties and they are pretty routine over the years.

I am pulling feeders this weekend and will scatter what feed is left over a large area. Hoping to get the trail cams out and do some shed hunting too.

I can't wait to hit the woods.....May 5

Frank G

We have to have our feed out by 10 days before season opens in TN.  :funnyturkey: How about up your way?

Frank G  In Tennessee

woodsman1977

we can feed all year if we want to, just can't hunt right at the feeder site

JW

I might delay my MI hunt - still 2 to 3 ft of snow in Upper.....and Zone 5 of WI......

JW

Frank G

Quote from: woodsman1977 on March 25, 2014, 09:44:21 PM
we can feed all year if we want to, just can't hunt right at the feeder site

Interesting: In TN not at all from 10 days before. The boys in green (GWs) know who the typical offenders are, believe me they do watch. I had a warden drop by once in 7 years. The only reason he stopped was he noticed our gate was open  :icon_thumright: very unusual for any of us to leave it open so he checked. They have been watching the area north of us, there are a few "somewhat less then ethical" hunters in the area.  :anim_25: this season.

Frank G  In Tennessee

JW

and another 8 inches of snow Arrrgggggggggggg

asmith4

opens tomorrow in KS(bow/youth). i cant get out there till  my bday on friday evening. Got a pic of 5 big gobblers though!