OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Printable Targets

Started by VanHelden Game Calls, March 25, 2014, 10:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanHelden Game Calls

I have been shooting with my son trying to get him ready for this years hunt.  Tired of paying over $1 a target for turkey targets I decided to layout my own to have done at the local printer for 1/2 the price.  I made different views to change it up a little for him and also to show how different angles change pattern hits.(especially the head tucked gobbler)  Have fun with them and I don't claim to have them 100% perfect.  If you see something wrong let me know and I will try to update it.

You will find printable turkey targets here
http://vanheldengamecalls.weebly.com/diy-projects--blog.html

TJK68

Thanks just printed a few, will give them a try.

Grunt-N-Gobble

VanHelden Game Calls

If you think there needs to be a change or an additional view let me know.  I have been thinking of a back view as it changes point of aim.  No red waddles to aim at there.

DirtNap647

COssman14

Those look like some nice targets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

tomstopper

Frank G

Frank G  In Tennessee

VanHelden Game Calls

They don't look as vivid when printed, they are a little pixelated. I had to keep the file size down so uploads/downloads would be faster.

But they are good enough to poke hundreds of holes through:)

Vabirddog

Quote from: VanHelden Game Calls on March 25, 2014, 11:52:45 AM
If you think there needs to be a change or an additional view let me know.  I have been thinking of a back view as it changes point of aim.  No red waddles to aim at there.

I wouldn't, A bird walking straight away, especially at much distance, is a lower percentage shot. A lot less to hit is exposed. I want that head turned or facing especially with a new hunter.

I really like those targets, I have a new youth hunting this years as well.

d.winsor

Trace the neck and brain of a turkey target on a piece of aluminum, Cut out the traced brain and spine in the aluminum.  Get you a can of spray paint, I use grey primer, the holes show up real good.  In the center of your target paper, spray paint the template onto your paper.  I buy my paper in rolls 36" wide and cut it 36" long.  One roll  of paper will last for years with heavy shooting.  Use white paper not brown, the holes show up better.

VanHelden Game Calls

My targets are to offer "real image" targets to help new hunters, different birds different angles and head positions.

I am a big bowhunter and consider shot angles and range very seriously. The reason for the back shot is to show exactly what Vabirddog stated - its a tough shot.  I want these targets to show and teach how different positions effect kill %'s. 

Sometimes we need to teach more then 10" hole counting ;D

campcreekfarm

I got to ask about the diy shooting sticks ?  Where would someone not close to a farm store get castration rings or a substitute ;D ;D

VanHelden Game Calls

bmhern

Good information thanks.

:icon_thumright: