OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Northeast SC

Started by r250atc31, March 23, 2014, 08:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r250atc31

Went scouting outside of Conway, SC and heard four birds.  Most of them shut up when they hit the ground but a few would gobble every now and then.  Saw a lot of sign also.  Can't wait for April 1st.

memert116

Are you anywhere near Greenwood, S.C.?   Will be there middle of April

r250atc31

No I am about four hours east of there. If you check the upstate sc one and the N Ga mountain ones one here that will give you a better idea. But in the middle of April anywhere in the state they will be hammering down.

memert116

Quote from: r250atc31 on March 24, 2014, 06:57:49 AM
No I am about four hours east of there. If you check the upstate sc one and the N Ga mountain ones one here that will give you a better idea. But in the middle of April anywhere in the state they will be hammering down.
From your mouth to God's ears..... :turkey2:

Fishbamboo

Will the cold weather hurt opening day?

patrick4

I have been out 4 days in the last 2 weeks and I have not heard a single gobble yet....

r250atc31

I will be back out Friday morning to listen. The weather is going to warm up leading to opening morning so I got no doubt they will be hammering on the roost. If you don't do any scouting and know where they are heading early in the season it could be a little tricky with the hens. Stick it out and try hunting later in the morning till noon at least. Early in the season I kill most of my birds after 9 am........you can't kill them if ur not hunting them.

r250atc31

The birds were hammering this morning.  I heard at least 7 different birds and there were some birds gobbling for a while after they hit the ground.  Can't wait till Tuesday.

r250atc31

Tuesday was tough but we managed to get one bird. Yesterday I had two long beards dead in no time. Not to bad of a year so far.