Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

3-23-14 Shift and Strike

Started by ccleroy, March 23, 2014, 09:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccleroy

This is a good buddy of mine, he has been hunting these birds on his property since the opener and have had them giving him a little bit of a headache, the layout of the property makes these birds a task at times......this am we had 2 longbeards together hammering within 150 yards on the roost, I didn't want to move due to not wanting to bust any other birds that may be roosting between us....we say tight and waited to see what they would do....the pitched down and headed the other way, I started working on them and they would come about as far as where they were roosting then head back the other way, after they did that 2 times within 30 minutes I let them go away and we did a shift and got within 30 yards of the line they wouldn't break.....once we did that I called and they went nuts and came straight in.....it was a beautiful hunt.

alloutdoors

Looks like another great morning Ricky!

memert116

Congrats to you and your buddy Ricky!!
Gotta stay flexible and use what them long beards give ya.
Nice bird!!

TRKYHTR

Funny how guys who know what they are doing figure things out quickly. Congrats,

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Yep. Rock and roll son.

I slept in.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Hammer Down! What camera do you use? Your photos have great color.

ccleroy

Quote from: drenalinld on March 23, 2014, 11:24:35 PM
Hammer Down! What camera do you use? Your photos have great color.

It's a 6 year old Canon Rebel XSI......the camera does the bulk of the work but I do a little photo editing to bring out the real color seen with the eyes that the camera doesn't give appreciation to.

drenalinld

Maybe the secret is in the editing? You make great photos. I wanna learn.