turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3" Longbeards, 26"870, 5's and 6's .660 Jellyhead

Started by TJK68, March 22, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJK68

I picked up a new 870 express yesterday with a 26" barrell, nothing fancy. I wanted it as a backup Turkey gun and just an all around shotgun, got a good deal at LGS so I bought it. Like I said, nothing fancy, just put a fiber optic on the front and that is all. I also picked up a .660 Jellyhead and some 3" Longbeards in 5's and 6's, I was impressed with them in my Super Mag in 3 1/2's so I thought I would try them in this one as well.  I cleaned the barrel good, took 2 5's and 2 6's, did not have a lot of time to shoot, but wanted an idea of where I was at with it. I shot from a taped 40, no wind, and temp was in low 60's. I got lucky POA seems pretty good. My 2 shots with the 5's gave me 166 and 157, the 6's gave me 215 and 203. I will polish the barrel and improve it some, but overall pleased, nice even pattern. Posted pics of the 2 best, pics of front and back.

TJK68

TJK68

TJK68

TJK68

nyhunter

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Insane patterns.  The 6's look better outside of 10".

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

DirtNap647

TJK68

Yep, I am pleased with it, I am going to mess with it some more today, weather permitting. I am going to switch chokes between the 2 guns, I will put the .662 Hevi-Shot tube in the 3" to try the LB 5's and 6's  and stick the .660 Jellyhead in the 3 1/2"  to try my Hevi 7's and Longbeard 6's with.

tomstopper

jmasters

BandedSpur

Twowithone

Both look good the 6 shot looks high Id aim at the bottom of the overall bulleyes guarantee that head will disappear
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase