OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ladys auto shotgun?

Started by hd mike, March 14, 2011, 08:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd mike

My daughter is looking at buying a 12ga. auto for turkey hunting and sporting clays. Any suggestions? I was thinking of the Browning Micro Silver w/26" barrel. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Mike

stick bow

Have to be a 12ga? I'd go with a Benelli M2 with comfort stock in a 20ga. I love this gun. IC .555 and Win extended range 5's to 45 yds maybe even 50. I'm going to look for another choke for buckshot to get more of a tighter pattern. She did get a deer with it at 40yds. You can shoot doves all day. Daughter is 14.

hookedspur

Quote from: stick bow on March 14, 2011, 08:56:00 PM
Have to be a 12ga? I'd go with a Benelli M2 with comfort stock in a 20ga. I love this gun. IC .555 and Win extended range 5's to 45 yds maybe even 50. I'm going to look for another choke for buckshot to get more of a tighter pattern. She did get a deer with it at 40yds. You can shoot doves all day. Daughter is 14.
:agreed: This combination is AWESOME ESPECALY WITH h13 7S OR NITRO 7S
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hd mike

I guess I was thinking 12ga. because she has shot her mothers Ladys Gold.
She is 24, looking to get into shooting sports and some hunting with her husband as well as her Mom and I.
I'll have to check into the M2, but honestly I am not a fan of the safety in front of the trigger guard.

stick bow

The safety is in the rear of the trigger guard.  The safeties are pretty nice triangular easy to push. Best advice is find the gun that throws up the best for her. I love my Remingtons they throw up right on for me. Happy gun hunting.

grousec

Mike, if she is going to shoot sporting clays I would go with a min of 28" barrel (if going to get serious 30") and for sure 12 ga.  I guess it depends on if she is going to use it more for turkey or sporting clays.

bowhunter84

Quote from: stick bow on March 14, 2011, 08:56:00 PM
:agreed:

hd mike

Quote from: stick bow on March 14, 2011, 10:21:40 PM
The safety is in the rear of the trigger guard.  The safeties are pretty nice triangular easy to push. Best advice is find the gun that throws up the best for her. I love my Remingtons they throw up right on for me. Happy gun hunting.

Yup,  My bad!!
Was thinking of Beretta,  while writing about the M2.  I did look at the M2 and the SBE before I got my SX3. Will have to check out the 20ga. M2 though.
Thanks for the ideas.