Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Camocutie's Juvenile Jinx continues...Video Included

Started by gophert, March 22, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Well, yesterday on this property we saw 12 longbeards, today....NOTHING! However, at about 8:45 we finally heard a gobble and the game was on. The bird pretty much came in on a string. However, he got about 3 steps from the decoys and slammed on the brakes. We have no idea what he saw, but he turned and looked right at us. I'm thinking the camera was the only thing he could have seen. Leah had to make a quick move to the left in order to pull the shot off. Needless to say, the bird didn't wait around for that. She is not allowed this year to use her blind so she can learn how to hunt without one. So, a lesson on getting the gun on the bird as soon as possible was learned so this was not a total loss. All in all, I had a fantastic time with my daughter. She is one fantastic turkey hunter and I am always proud to have her beside the tree with me. Enjoy!

xarcher

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Hooter

That was a great vid!!!
This is why turkey hunting is so great.  If you killed one every time you went, it would not be near as fun.  The failures keep you coming back for more.
I have went countless times already this year, and have been on birds most of the times, but finally scored today.

FullChoke

OK, Leah can now check that box on the "Things That Every Experienced Turkey Hunter Has Done But Never Gets Used To No Matter How Many Times They Have Done It" List. Best thing to do is make a pouty face for 20 seconds, take a deep breath, smile and in a cheerful voice say "Next."

We have all done it.  ;D

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.