turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TC Encore with Indian Creek Choke at 30 yards

Started by blgoode, March 21, 2014, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blgoode

Hoping I get another turkey with this set up again this year. Aiming point will be the body and head connection point. Feathers meet skin.

3" Remington Nitro #5 shot
Indian Creek Choke

meat grinder

I think I would  be finding a new load and choke..sorry but for 30 yards you don't have much buddy.. Ditch the remington shells first and foremost.

highwaygun

Yeah bud you need to make a change. Something with your setup aint jiving. Might wanna check poa/poi to that could be it.

mikejd

Remington nitro are garbage. They may actually make Hornady look good. Get some quality ammo and give it a go.

FL-Boss

blgoode

I grabbed some winchester long beards 5 shot. We shall see how that does.

hookedspur

Looks like you might have a POI- POA problem in addition to poor ammo.
Try a couple other loads shot at a Large target (3'X3') to get a better idea where the problem is .
I own the same set-up you are using if your tube is 660 and mine shoots Hevi 13 7s way to many to count at 30 yards.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

DirtNap647

poi is off and I would try a different shell 30 yards it should be better than that

bbcoach

Load a dove load and shoot at a 3 foot by 3 foot piece of paper at 10 to 15 yards to see what your POA/POI is.  If it is off, make some adjustments and fire another dove load until it shoots POA/POI.  Then back up to 40 yards and see what she'll do with the Longbeards.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Quote from: bbcoach on March 24, 2014, 01:44:10 PM
Load a dove load and shoot at a 3 foot by 3 foot piece of paper at 10 to 15 yards to see what your POA/POI is.  If it is off, make some adjustments and fire another dove load until it shoots POA/POI.  Then back up to 40 yards and see what she'll do with the Longbeards.

THIS!!!!!!!    You definitely need to adjust your sights and shoot @ a much larger piece of paper or cardboard.  Until you get your POA & POI straightened out, you aren't ready to hunt.

1iagobblergetter

I have the same gun and have had real good patterns using a kicks .655 and h-13 #7s. I'd also try shooting off a shooting table and with a lead sled this eliminates a lot of human error. Like someone else said use the cheap dove loads for a starting point.

snapper1982

got the same gun. I kept the factory choke and h13 7s and put 220 in the 10 at 40 yards. maybe you are not allowed to use 7s but I guarantee you can find a better pattern than that. not that that will not kill them and if you hunt thick woods where your shots are 30 and in then have at em.

albrubacker

Quote from: blgoode on March 23, 2014, 03:12:00 PM
I grabbed some winchester long beards 5 shot. We shall see how that does.
Think you will like those especially comparing to them Rem loads.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

blgoode

My plans for this weekend got changes by this stomach bug... This is aweful.

blgoode