turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Here we go!

Started by headbanger, March 21, 2014, 03:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headbanger

The day I've been waiting for since last May is at hand. A couple more hours of work, head to the house and load the truck. Drink a beer or 3 along with a good Mexican supper and crawl into bed for a sleepless night. Hit the road early for the hour + drive and...if all goes well...will be banging a head in about 17 hrs :OGani:

jhcats10

mwr

Drthorn

good luck...hoping to see some hero shot photos on here soon

Frank G

Frank G  In Tennessee

JW

U betcha good luck - I am still butt deep in snow but am picking up kill tags now and have 6 in my pocket.......with 2 or 3 more to get.....still a month away unless I sneak to TN

JW

headbanger

opener Saturday was very slow in my neck of the woods. Heard no gobbles on the roost. Managed to call in a couple of hens getting them fired up...no toms in tow. Changed location to a field about 9:30...skirting the edge and got busted by 2 hens and a good gobbler...still on the roost in a naked tree on a finger jutting out into field. Got as small as I could to no avail. They finally decided to leave the roost tree at 10:30 pitching into the woods. Birds never made a sound.

Sunday morning went to a different piece of private ground. Hooted from my listening spot at daybreak and got a shock gobble about 75 yds out. Sat and waited for the sky to lighten, clucked once with a three note yelp and was cut off. Saw bird pitch down...gun on knee...white head coming thru the scrub oak and pines, then another and another. Game on...or so I thought, jake, jake, jake. These 3 young fellas gobbled at every caw, chirp, peep made.2 and 1/2 hours later left them to head to SS and church still gobbling. These boys stayed within 100 yds all morning.Got some good video in my phone. No mature birds seen or heard. Looking forward to next w/e!