OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just got done

Started by OLE RASPY, March 14, 2011, 07:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Deep cleaning my barrel on my 935.I didnt do no polishing,as i dont have the stuff to do right now.Really im not to concerned about polishing it right now im gonna wait till after turkey season.This is a brand new gun ive only shot bout 6 times patterning it and i tell u what it was dirty.I have always cleaned my barrel and chokes before but since ive been a member of this forum i have learned alot bout it.I made several passes with a drill through my barrel with a wirebrush on a ramrod off my muzzleloader and some cotton cleaning cloths and the last patch i ran threw came out clean so i called it quits.I wished i took before and after pics but forgot. It sho is shiny now.I used birchwood casey 2 in 1 borescrubber,i already had that.Anyway its clean now.Having a drill really helps better never done that before.Im gonna go try it out this weekend.Before i was getting 172 in 10 inch circle see if it improves if it dont im happy with that pattern. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Thanks for all the reading on cleaning barrels.U know who u are. :icon_thumright:

spur collector

I don't think you will have to worry about your numbers not going up, they should increase nicely.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Good deal!  I just cleaned my 835 barrel yesterday as well.  It was pretty dirty.  I'm gonna see if that helps the patterning some. 

CAMONICK

what load and choke are you shooting to get those numbers? My 935 shots pretty good even when dirty, yes there is a decrease in pellet count, but not a huge drop off. at 36 yards im still getting over 300 with 3.5 of 7s after 5shots without cleaning at all. Regardless a good deep cleaning will only help your pattern.

hookedspur

Quote from: spur collector on March 15, 2011, 02:00:41 AM
I don't think you will have to worry about your numbers not going up, they should increase nicely.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

OLE RASPY

Quote from: CAMONICK on March 15, 2011, 04:33:56 PM
what load and choke are you shooting to get those numbers? My 935 shots pretty good even when dirty, yes there is a decrease in pellet count, but not a huge drop off. at 36 yards im still getting over 300 with 3.5 of 7s after 5shots without cleaning at all. Regardless a good deep cleaning will only help your pattern.
I am shooting a jelly head .690 choke with 3.5 2.250oz #6's hevi

Gold Spur

Keep us posted on how it does.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!