turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

flextone thunder yelper

Started by J Brown, March 19, 2014, 10:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Brown

Has anyone had any luck with the  Flextone Thunder yelper?

Old Gobbler

Good straight forward question

I've only seen a quick advertisement on tv for it ,

but speaking in generalities , the saying a picture is worth a thousand words is equal in soundfiles -- lots of people giving suggestions , questions and advise on  what brand of call or what callmaker to use -- a simple YouTube video will suffice -- I do think if more callmakers/ manufacturers would put out soundfiles they would sell more calls

- my turkey calls do all my talking for me

Back to the flextone , I think it would sound better with practice , google the videos and se what they provide

Best of luck -- Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

L.F. Cox

Sounds sick to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLcf_tacWfw

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 19, 2014, 10:55:30 PM
I do think if more callmakers/ manufacturers would put out soundfiles they would sell more calls

From what I've heard I think just the opposite....

I've told more than one "callmaker" at the NWTF show that they would sell more if they'd quit demonstrating them.

L.F. Cox

Here's another demo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tVsV9Agq7k

If people buy this crap it will prove one thing....that turkeys hunters brains are smaller than a turkeys.

Spur806

I have seen Michael Waddel using it on facebook, and in my opinion it sounds horrible,  but that's just my ears,  I know he is taking a real bashing for pushing it on facebook

DirtNap647

box call, slate call, mouth call, no room for this lol

Old Gobbler

I was being polite , but the point being good sounding calls being demonstrated sell themselves -  turkey calls do all the talkin ,...

Good looking calls will sell to people who like good looking calls , if that's what their after ,there are plenty of fantastic sounding calls that also are woks of art -  I've heard bad sounding calls made to sound huntable with a very good caller at the controls , the opposite is true -- just cause you have a fender stratocaster , is not going to make you Jimmi Hendrix...some calls anybody can use , some are epic in the hands of a few , lucky them

When me and Father made calls together we had a add in the back of tth and turkey call magazine , we had a phone # with a answering machine , the tape recording was some calling from the calls we sold( yelps ,Jake kee kees , cluxks  , sound is what moved the product for us

I won't degrade another call , different strokes for different folks ....but I will say this...I'll never see me with a flex tone thunder whatever - I've heard them first hand ...hint, hint - - you will never see me with any of their ( made in china ) pot or box calls either

But yes I really wish people would make more sound files it helps sell good calls
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ericjames

I really like this line of calls.

Yes you read that right..
I just hope everyone around where I hunt buys one of these to hunt with.. If they do I see a big increase in the turkey population.. More turkeys for me to hunt.

outdoors

THERE ARE TIMES , WHEN A TURKEY WILL ANSWER AND COME IN ON ANY SOUNDING LIKE A TURKEY
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

owlhoot

:icon_thumright: good one Eric, guys use that thunder chickin too with it. :lol:

beagler

I do have to add that Flextone generally puts out alot of inferior products IMHO.
Never Misses

COssman14

It sounds like a good coyote call in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

allchokedup

Just what do you guys think the "Funky Chicken" is suppose to sound like!

ericjames

Quote from: allchokedup on March 26, 2014, 09:20:16 AM
Just what do you guys think the "Funky Chicken" is suppose to sound like!

That's funny right there.. But I imagine he would sound about like that..