turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

West Tn

Started by taylorjones20, March 18, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorjones20

Anyone seeing or hearing anything is west TN yet?  Got a pic on game camera of 15 hens and one strutting gobbler but haven't heard anything or seen hardly any in fields while driving. I'm in Madison Co.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

taylorjones20

Had a chance to get out this morning and listen (preparing for juvenile turkey hunt tomorrow) and I was actually surprised.  Heard at least 8 (including jakes) gobbling on the roost.  Once they flew down that was it. Lock jaw!  Anyway, hopefully my 9 year old cousin can get one in the morning!  We are sure gonna try!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Guided the kidz outdoors event in west Tenn for the juvenile hunt.  Our gobbler was on the ground by 715 Saturday morning and talked pretty good.

The birds are just beginning to separate.  Will be heading back down there the first week of April for 4-5 days.

taylorjones20

I took my cousin all day Saturday and Sunday morning.  They gobbled good on the roost but they flew across the river and never came back to our side.  Once they hit the ground he gobbled twice and never heard another peep all day...  Still early with all this colder weather...

turkeywhisperer935

I took a kid Saturday and heard 4 birds gobble maybe a total of ten times put together. On the other hand a man that works with one of my friends took his son and said they was hammering, had his bird dead right off the limb. He was in a different county than me so I think some places are ahead of others but this weather isn't going to help right now either.